Re: SCP-096 Stuff

That wouldn't be a problem to make a new one if people would really want one made by me, it will probably even be better, as I'm improving from modelling 096. :)

Finally decided to add the finger bones to the model, so some of the animations will looks better now. :) Though, I should've done it in the beginning, but better late than never I guess. :P
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

For a door opening animation, I don't really think it should be that complicated at all.

096 should center his hands at the middle of the door, and pull outwards on each in a different direction, simply pulling them open, not tearing them down and all. Like, per se, ripping open an elevator door (the ones that close down the middle).

Something like such:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K973Yv0xLu0/T ... wyh77c.jpg

Also, for the panicking animation, he should be stumbling about, if you haven't done that, just moving his feet and overbalancing should look right. Oh, and see my suggestion in the audio requests thread for an idea I had for him. I think it could be fine as one animation, since it's a relatively short event.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:For a door opening animation, I don't really think it should be that complicated at all.

096 should center his hands at the middle of the door, and pull outwards on each in a different direction, simply pulling them open, not tearing them down and all. Like, per se, ripping open an elevator door (the ones that close down the middle).

Something like such:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K973Yv0xLu0/T ... wyh77c.jpg

Also, for the panicking animation, he should be stumbling about, if you haven't done that, just moving his feet and overbalancing should look right. Oh, and see my suggestion in the audio requests thread for an idea I had for him. I think it could be fine as one animation, since it's a relatively short event.

It depends, we have different doors in the game, so it would be pretty much an animation for each type of a door, and that of course makes it so that I will need to make another animation for the door for each of those animations.

I do like the idea you proposed, but that would work for double doors only, take for instance the two sliding doors from the game, 096 wouldn't be able to really "open" them. :P

Yes, I have done something similar, either I try to make a GIF animation of the model (something that I wasn't very successful in the couple of times I tried), or we'll have to wait for the next update to see. :S
As for the animation, well, that's up to Regalis, I made the animation loopable so that the time 096 panics could be customizable in a way.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. :)
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote:It depends, we have different doors in the game, so it would be pretty much an animation for each type of a door, and that of course makes it so that I will need to make another animation for the door for each of those animations.

I do like the idea you proposed, but that would work for double doors only, take for instance the two sliding doors from the game, 096 wouldn't be able to really "open" them. :P

Yes, I have done something similar, either I try to make a GIF animation of the model (something that I wasn't very successful in the couple of times I tried), or we'll have to wait for the next update to see. :S
To be honest, it can work for both doors, since when the sliding doors open, they open like the double doors, just overlapped. I think the only way to make it more optimized for both doors would be to make the hands not go as deep as to go through the doors, but behind them. When he opens them, he can move his arms forward to force them easier.

And a simple screen recording of each animation could suffice, and just all compiled and labeled in a video would work just as well as making GIFs (which is rather hard).
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote: To be honest, it can work for both doors, since when the sliding doors open, they open like the double doors, just overlapped. I think the only way to make it more optimized for both doors would be to make the hands not go as deep as to go through the doors, but behind them. When he opens them, he can move his arms forward to force them easier.

And a simple screen recording of each animation could suffice, and just all compiled and labeled in a video would work just as well as making GIFs (which is rather hard).
The sliding doors go a little further in, in which case 096 would have to make a hole from the side of the door he's facing for his hands to push the doors from the inside. But sure, I guess it could work. It would, in any case, make my work easier, just thought that bending the door and making a hole in it for him to pass through would serve as sort of a sign of how angry he is and how willing he is to just do anything to kill the one who looked at his face. :P

Ah, didn't think about this, thanks. :)
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

I'd like to suggest 096's mouth randomly opening in his idle sitting animation to match his current idle sound files with him wailing and making disturbing yeti-like noises. I think it should be wide/halfway open as well during his panic animation loop to help emphasize his anger.

As for doors, I think he should shatter them actually/bend them when he comes to them instead, it's terrifying and you pretty much already lose the game if you've seen his face. There's no complex physics system implemented in SCP:CB yet, but I think the doors could have an animation of being bent/crumpled and 096 crawling through that very fast, or else animated shattered pieces.

Mirocaine wrote:I'd like to suggest 096's mouth randomly opening in his idle sitting animation to match his current idle sound files with him wailing and making disturbing yeti-like noises. I think it should be wide/halfway open as well during his panic animation loop to help emphasize his anger.

As for doors, I think he should shatter them actually/bend them when he comes to them instead, it's terrifying and you pretty much already lose the game if you've seen his face. There's no complex physics system implemented in SCP:CB yet, but I think the doors could have an animation of being bent/crumpled and 096 crawling through that very fast, or else animated shattered pieces.
I have done that already, but I still need to play around with it a little bit more. :)

Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind. :D
InnocentSam wrote:If I don't want to sleep, I'll remember to look at the pictures of your models. They fit the bill perfectly.
You're welcome. :P
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

You should make an animation that plays only when he's standing in the elevator, with his arms crossed and tapping one foot. Maybe snapping his fingers in sync with elevator music (there should be elevator music)
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE