Subtitles for 079 (Old AI)

I watch people play playthroughs on youtube and stuff like dat, and i've noticed its a little hard to understand 079 when he's telling you to open the door control thingymabober. So i thought maybe there could be a way to add subs for people to understand the computer. The hardest part to understand is when you turn the lever to the door control thing back, he says "----- Gate B is now ----------" - stands for things I cant personally hear.
Pewdiepie: Lets just take this nice and ea- *dies*
Markiplier: I dont like this game, but i sure can beat it. *opens door and dies*
Me: LETS DO THIS! *opens door and runs into SCP-106* ._.

Re: Subtitles for 079 (Old AI)

dinovincent wrote:I watch people play playthroughs on youtube and stuff like dat, and i've noticed its a little hard to understand 079 when he's telling you to open the door control thingymabober.
"Human, listen carefully. You need my help and I need your help. You have disabled the remote door control system. This makes it significantly harder for me to stay in control of this facility. It also means your way out of here is blocked. Your only feasible way of escaping is through Gate B, which is currently locked down. I however could unlock the doors at Gate B if you re-enable the door control system. If you want out of here, go back to the electrical room and put it back on."

dinovincent wrote:The hardest part to understand is when you turn the lever to the door control thing back, he says "----- Gate B is now ----------" - stands for things I cant personally hear.
"The doors to Gate B are now open."

Doggiedog wrote:I agree actually. It was really hard to understand what he said. Subtitles might be handy here, or if that seems too immersion-breaking, a computer screen could handle showing whatever he says at the same time. How was his speech actually created? Is it a voice actor, or an actual computer?
It has to be a VA
no actual computer makes text-to-speech that swell as far as I'm concerned.
All this scratchin' is makin' me rich!

It was a program called "Dr. Sbaitso" for MS-DOS. There are some copies around; you can try with DOSBox or similar. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV3pYZZ2jEw

If you think that the sound is "too well made to have been made by a text-to-speech program", then I think you'll be surprised when I say Dr. Sbaitso was made in the early 1990's.
SCP-079, SCP-294 & other models / SCP:CB Inventory Mod
I confirm you can win SCP:CB on Keter using only a keycard.