Re: SCP-860-1 (The Forest) [ANIMATOR NEEDED FOR THE MONSTER]

I took a look in blender and had to clean up a couple things to get automatic rigging working.
Spoiler
Apparently bone heat sync failure is a cause of the mesh being unsymmetrical on both sides (if only I had known this for SCP-682 back then for Divinity..)

I had to divide the leaves, branches etc into a separate model instance and then fix a few kinks in the monsters body itself to get a rig working, but I'll have to re-add the leaves and branches back to the main bones as vertex groups and try to keep them from bending weird if when the main skeleton moves. Anyhow I like the inverse kinematics for the back legs (I'll probably have to just redo them for the front cause they pull at the main body too much).

Anyhow I'll try to do this later this week when I have time~ if you have a texture for the model I'd appreciate it so I can see if it looks OK.no promises on any of this

Mirocaine wrote:I took a look in blender and had to clean up a couple things to get automatic rigging working.
Spoiler
Apparently bone heat sync failure is a cause of the mesh being unsymmetrical on both sides (if only I had known this for SCP-682 back then for Divinity..)

I had to divide the leaves, branches etc into a separate model instance and then fix a few kinks in the monsters body itself to get a rig working, but I'll have to re-add the leaves and branches back to the main bones as vertex groups and try to keep them from bending weird if when the main skeleton moves. Anyhow I like the inverse kinematics for the back legs (I'll probably have to just redo them for the front cause they pull at the main body too much).

Anyhow I'll try to do this later this week when I have time~ if you have a texture for the model I'd appreciate it so I can see if it looks OK.no promises on any of this
Could you please send me the model? I'd like to try animating it.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Abincyprus wrote:Can you please send me this model with animations done to me when it gets finished? I need it for the Mirror's Edge CB and since .b3d files are impossible to convert.
Once I animate it, it'll be ready to go.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Yaaay, he [It?] is good to :EXPUNGED:
Spoiler
O U Y E E S I
So I deserve to rig this, it's my :REDACTED: fault for letting something like this take too long (and letting poor moonsaber have to do the model and texture by himself). However with the 420 map generation idea I had along with the heightmap files Regalis had and the trees and various debris, It should come out fine.

Speaking of that, I wonder how the containment chamber, MTF responses, Key, Doorway and et cetera is going?
Juan was nice enough to do that containment room, I never finished enough of the door though.
Kenneth crooker wrote:Could you please send me the model? I'd like to try animating it.
Sure, if you're willing to do the anims with my half-decent rig it should come out fine (and save me some time). I'll PM you with the download link so you can get it done.
Abincyprus wrote:Can you please send me this model with animations done to me when it gets finished? I need it for the Mirror's Edge CB and since .b3d files are impossible to convert.
Yeah, Kenneth can send you the blend or we can get a .fbx/etc file to you so that everything can get exported correctly (as far as I know, it's impossible to convert .b3d files back to compatible formats cause it eats the armature/skeleton rig with it).
Last edited by Mirocaine on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mirocaine wrote:Yaaay, he [It?] is good to :EXPUNGED:
Spoiler
O U Y E E S I
So I deserve to animate this, it's my :REDACTED: fault for letting something like this take too long. However with the 420 map generation idea I had along with the heightmap files Regalis had and the trees and various debris, It should come out fine.

Speaking of that, I wonder how the containment chamber, MTF responses, Key, Doorway and et cetera is going?
Juan was nice enough to do that containment room, I never finished enough of the door though.
Kenneth crooker wrote:Could you please send me the model? I'd like to try animating it.
Sure, if you're willing to do the anims with my half-decent rig it should come out fine (and save me some time). I'll PM you with the download link so you can get it done.
Yeah, Kenneth can send you the blend or we can get a .fbx/etc file to you so that everything can get exported correctly (as far as I know, it's impossible to convert .b3d files back to compatible formats cause it eats the armature/skeleton rig with it).
Eye candy. Thats all I can say. :087_2:
Check out my mod here! http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4136

Novice Sound Effect creator/Editor.

I am not saying this because i am a bad person nor to offend anyone/any person, but i'd rather stick to Mirocaine's animation. As you can see on the screenshot he gave us it does look pretty promising and as well smoothly done, no faults or anything at all. Hell it might even achieve more walking animations?
"You could possibly add something I just shit out."

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014

Getting hit by vehicles ever since -69