Re: SCP-714 "Tired State"

Or to be biologically accurate, as you get tired your blinks would be longer :)

Maybe as you get really tired, your player just starts to randomly doze off (long blinks) despite what the blink meter says. that would be a pretty harrowing situation.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

Nemet Robert wrote:
scpharrisee wrote:Or to be biologically accurate, as you get tired your blinks would be longer :)
That might make it an "alternative" eyedrops, and players would keep using it that way.
I believe he meant that the actual time in the blink where your eyes would remain closed would be longer. I feel that a better alternative would your blink meter would deplete faster, at least that way it's a bit more fair. Or maybe both.
It slep time bunner.

Or it could cause you, the player, to randomly blink even if lets the blink meter was 75%, 63%, or maybe even 80% just as an example.

It too would prevent players from having it on all the time as 173 would become a much bigger threat because of the uncontrollable blinking, and in time result in death from the class d falling asleep.

Death from falling asleep by wearing the ring could also cause one of multiple cutscenes where one of the scps kills him in his sleep:

106: Would appear with half of his body up through the floor and pull the player through the floor. The cutscene would shift to the pocket dimension where we see 106 starting to corrode the class d when he wakes up and starts screaming, where 106 will place his hand on the class d's face, after which we would hear the sound like when 196 punches the player followed by him laughing. Then death screen.

173: would appear to be standing next to the class d, the view then changes so we see it from 173 s eyes, where he grabs the class d's neck and the screen fades to black, followed by a crunch. Then death screen.

049: He would come walking over to the class d, saying that its bad they let the victims of the disease lay in open sight where the disease could spread from them. screen fades to black as he starts doing his work, and the next we see is the mtf unit walkingninto the room where they notice the zombie on the floor, with the ring still on his finger. They coment avout what happened, and thebscreen fades to black followed by a weapon being shot. Then death screen.

Thats the few things i could think of at the moment of writing this, would like your opinions please.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Interesting, although these "cutscenes" might be hard to experience from the eyes of D-9341 (after all, he'll be asleep on the ground). Instead of making it a third-person perspective (which would obviously suck), we should have it so that the player falls asleep, and then a few seconds later (which would be several minutes later in the game's virtual reality), the player's eyes half open and we can visualize one of those three attacks you mentioned above.

It would be pretty creepy to see a blurry SCP approaching you through half-open eyes, as you watched helplessly...
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."