Console Commands Key

I was just wondering if there is an option to change the console commands key. The reason being is that I am newbie, and the first time I had my non-staged affair with 173, he scared the bejesus out of me and I quit.

(It didn't help this was in the suicide bathroom.)

I wanted to put on noclip so I could look at all of the stuff in the game with out scaring myself to insanity, but I play on a laptop, so F3 does the brightness. Is it possible to change the key for the commands? If not, will this be added in 0.66?

Thanks.

Re: Console Commands Key

I'd also like there to be an alternate button for console commands for laptop users. I use a laptop, and F3 is the button for turning my wireless connections on and off. It'd be nice if there could be a different quick save button as well. It worked fine for me when it was F1, but now that it's F5 the screen goes black when I push it and the game doesn't save. I would be really nice if some configuration options for buttons like these could be added soon.
Battling the forces of evil and stupidity~
I admire the horror genre like I admire women: From far away with a pair of binoculars

My laptop F3 was the volume, theres annother key though on most laptops which has "FN" written on it, press that while pressing f3 and it should work, unless the key is called something else, but its usually on the control, altish area hope it helps!
Cod as call of duty 2, im not really into the newest ones.

mcrubxpcod wrote:My laptop F3 was the volume, theres annother key though on most laptops which has "FN" written on it, press that while pressing f3 and it should work, unless the key is called something else, but its usually on the control, altish area hope it helps!
Thanks you so much! :D That worked perfectly for both saving and console commands.
Battling the forces of evil and stupidity~
I admire the horror genre like I admire women: From far away with a pair of binoculars

mcrubxpcod wrote:My laptop F3 was the volume, theres annother key though on most laptops which has "FN" written on it, press that while pressing f3 and it should work, unless the key is called something else, but its usually on the control, altish area hope it helps!
THANK YA!!!!!

Umm... The F1, F3, and F5 buttons shouldn't affect anything outside of the game unless you click out of the game. My laptop's F3 is WiFi and my F5 is my refresh. they have never bothered my gameplay at all... Y'all are doing something weird if they mess with your game.
How did the dead baby cross the road?

It was stapled to the chicken!

BIOS settings.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

TheDstroyer wrote:Whenever you start up your computer, if you hit F2, you enter the settings and from there you can change the function key options. I had to do it with my computer, and now I don't have to hold FN anymore.
That is called the BIOS, sir.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌