Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.2.1 is out! (11/13/16)

cross-conception wrote: OK, PRETTEY SERIOUS BUG 173 can now teleport through walls now i had to keep my eyes on the darned thing until :REDACTED: :173:
someone tell DR Gears, the double blast door sound's pretty good now eh XD but seriously he comes through all th doors, its a combination of his unstable new speed and his new movement.
Hmmmm are you sure? All doors? I was watching Zackonark's video and it seems like 173 is fine..but I'll take a look.
Zackonark wrote:
Spoiler
You can press buttons from the other side of a wall
lol
Haha yeah...I didn't have time to implement a raycasting function for that yet, i'll make sure to do so in the bugfix release.

zornor90 wrote:
cross-conception wrote: OK, PRETTEY SERIOUS BUG 173 can now teleport through walls now i had to keep my eyes on the darned thing until :REDACTED: :173:
someone tell DR Gears, the double blast door sound's pretty good now eh XD but seriously he comes through all th doors, its a combination of his unstable new speed and his new movement.
Hmmmm are you sure? All doors? I was watching Zackonark's video and it seems like 173 is fine..but I'll take a look.
oh sorry zonor i dont think it was all the doors, depended on the angle, i think, ill test it a bit more and have a look, ill take screenshots of anything i find, however could someone tell me how i add screenshots to the post?
EDIT
ooh yea, its definetly all of the doors, its the angle that determine it i think? once i learn how port the screenshots i can show you everything, i have alot of information
:duck:

Ahh, you mean through the frame around doors right? Not when they are closed?

yeah this is known behavior, and will be fixed when i write a steering function to steer around doors
cross-conception wrote:could someone tell me how i add screenshots to the post?
You have to host the images on a site. i recommend imgur. then, you have to put the links inside the [IMG] tag. Not all links work the same way, you're going to want to link directly to the image. Imgur does have a BBcode link that you can use to copy and paste, its the site that I personally recommend.

right yes okay. thanks for telling me, siince the last post i found some bugs that need an image to show so ill definetly use imgur then, something interesting that happens is that 173's document no longer shows up in the codex loving the 914's and 372's new look btw! and i noticed you did fix some collsion issues with like pedastalls and such but alot of them still remain, ill be sure to show you
Last edited by cross-conception on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is Scp-173 scripted to spawn anywhere yet?
I'd love it if you'd experiment with scripting in rooms like the Lockroom.

Also, speaking of the Lockroom...
Spoiler
For some reason, pushing the button doesn't close the door that's already open. I don't know what causes this, but I noticed that BOTH of the doors were opened instead of one
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.

eyedine wrote:Is Scp-173 scripted to spawn anywhere yet?

Spoiler
For some reason, pushing the button doesn't close the door that's already open. I don't know what causes this, but I noticed that BOTH of the doors were opened instead of one
that doesent happen with me unless i break the game to make it happen, also the lockrooms spawn way too often
Spoiler
through the wall glitch in the elevator room, (just seeing through it)
Spoiler
also zonor i really think you should remove the 970 room at least until it works ts really just, off, just a tad
Spoiler
another problem i encountered was this area causing lag for me, i realy dont know why
Spoiler
one thing i have to say is that ive not had a single bug messing with the settings yet, good job
and these rooms, oh they look so amazing XD
Spoiler
that bug in the armoury that i talked about plus another bug un the "3d glasses room"
Spoiler
Last edited by cross-conception on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.

eyedine wrote:Is Scp-173 scripted to spawn anywhere yet?

Spoiler
No, not yet - but that's a good idea! I will need to implement a system for interactable objects and trigger areas calling the GameEvent system. Not a huge deal, but probably will be focused on after SCP-1499 works.

As far as the lockroom doors - Yeah, if for instance you noclip into the room and hit the button, it will open / close both because how it works is that it sends the signal to all doors; one door is just normally always open because it has to be to enter the room normally, so that door gets closed and the other door gets open. I will change this to ensure that no matter the starting state, one door is closed and the other opened at the end.

cross-conception wrote:the lockrooms spawn way too often
This is true. I am adding another boolean flag to rooms, "ensureSeparation", that can be checked to ensure that the room does not appear twice in a row without being separated by another room.
through the wall glitch in the elevator room, (just seeing through it)
Spoiler
Nice catch! Will fix this asap.
also zonor i really think you should remove the 970 room at least until it works ts really just, off, just a tad
Spoiler
Agreed, besides I'll be doing portals a different way anyways so there's no point leaving the room like that. I'd like to make SCP-970 actually super recursive, but I'll have to work on this in a later version
another problem i encountered was this area causing lag for me, i realy dont know why
Spoiler
Interesting....some areas will be laggier than others until I implement my "zone" system to disable things that aren't in the player's view.
one thing i have to say is that ive not had a single bug messing with the settings yet, good job
and these rooms, oh they look so amazing XD
Spoiler
Thanks!
that bug in the armoury that i talked about plus another bug un the "3d glasses room"
Spoiler
Alright, thanks for the information!