Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev build 2 is out! (10.29.16)

zornor90 wrote: What are your computer specs?
I've never given computer specs before... (I use a Windows 10 Surface Pro) I'm guessing you mean what it says on the about screen in the system settings in the settings menu? Its Edition is Windows 10 home. Version is 1511. Processor is Intel (R) Atom(TM) CPU Z3735F @ 1.33 GHz. Installed RAM is 2.00 GB. System Type is 32 bit operating system x64 based processor. I hope that helped :D

ENDERMANLIKE wrote:
zornor90 wrote: What are your computer specs?
I've never given computer specs before... (I use a Windows 10 Surface Pro) I'm guessing you mean what it says on the about screen in the system settings in the settings menu? Its Edition is Windows 10 home. Version is 1511. Processor is Intel (R) Atom(TM) CPU Z3735F @ 1.33 GHz. Installed RAM is 2.00 GB. System Type is 32 bit operating system x64 based processor. I hope that helped :D
Oh nice, a surface pro!
If it's 32 bit os then that explains it, my builds are 64-bit. I've gone ahead and compiled a 32-bit version of build 2 which is available here, would you mind trying that and seeing if it works for you?

zornor90 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:Okay, got OBS working properly. YAY!

Anyway, I've noticed a couple other things. The mouse doesn't center itself to the window. I don't know if this is all the time, or is a randomly occurring bug, but I do see it pop in and out of the window as I play as if the game wasn't running at all.
Is this in windowed mode or fullscreen? Unity...doesn't always keep the mouse centered
The text on the loading screen is shifted a little to the right for me.
Cool, this is an easy fix
SCP-012's containment poster isn't scaled properly. Instead it's tiled onto the wall, so there's four smaller posters where one big one should be.
Uhhhhh. Not sure how that happened, but I'll take a look at it!
The key card does not appear in my inventory when I collect it.
Yeah I'm still working on keycards, thanks for the reminder haha!
Sometimes when I pause the game or access the command console, the game itself freezes up, and I'm forced to restart it. Fortunately I can still access the pause menu when this happens, so I don't have to restart the game entirely.
Oh, that's unfortunate! If that happens again, could you exit the game and then send me the output_log.txt file so that I can debug it? Eventually there might be a button to email me the log from the console which will make things a lot easier
Also, is there a day and night cycle?
Not currently but there might be! Dimensions handle their own lighting and could theoretically have a day night cycle eventually, why do you ask?
I play in windowed mode whenever I'm recording, so windowed.

Yeah, I can send you the output log file.

After playing for a while, the skybox looked to me like it was darkening as I was noclipping around the 939 area. At least, that's what I assume it is. I can't see anything in it as there's no lighting in it yet, and none of the elevators actually work as of this update.
All in all I could be imagining it, but could've sworn there was a day-night cycle.

On a side note, that would be interesting if there was one so that whenever the player gets to a gate, it's guaranteed to be at a different time of day from play through to play through.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

I play in windowed mode whenever I'm recording, so windowed.

Yeah, I can send you the output log file.

After playing for a while, the skybox looked to me like it was darkening as I was noclipping around the 939 area. At least, that's what I assume it is. I can't see anything in it as there's no lighting in it yet, and none of the elevators actually work as of this update.
All in all I could be imagining it, but could've sworn there was a day-night cycle.

On a side note, that would be interesting if there was one so that whenever the player gets to a gate, it's guaranteed to be at a different time of day from play through to play through.
Ah ok, I know that Unity has some issues with the cursor lockstate that they still haven't resolved...especially with windowed mode or multiple monitors. I might add a function that continously centers and locks the cursor every second just so that it can catch this...will have to test.

Yeah I was waiting to see if I could get the new 939 area before I actually lit it / made elevators work.
I don't have a day night cycle yet but I like the idea. I even have an old shader from a previous game that can blend skyboxes together as well. I will definitely look into this.

in scp 205's room 2 "glitches" can occur, the first being that you can phase through the computer terminals (this happens because :REDACTED: ) in that room and scp 173 can spawn behind the player and instantly kill them when all doors are still closed, this has happened to on many occasions. in the repeating hallway there are no doors for me at least. :173: seems so spawn more often here and always when in noclip mode

also this game is really cool.
in my opinion you should add your own scp's
it would be cool to see o8'7 in containment breach XD.
good luck with this project and id love to help in any way i can
PS. why are the bigger containment doors not there? is it because you havent implimented it yet or does it not work? and ill do my best to test everything you impliment, i really wanna help this succeed

I'd like to see you recreate earlier versions of SCP:CB instead of just attempting to recreate the entire game at once.
I think 0.5 would be a good place to start.

This is all mostly because SCP:CB has been developed over a couple of years with tons of people contributing to it. I've heard that you are solo'ing this, so unless you intend to get everyone from the past four years on board, you should start with a smaller scope imho.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.

cross-conception wrote:in scp 205's room 2 "glitches" can occur, the first being that you can phase through the computer terminals (this happens because :REDACTED: ) in that room and scp 173 can spawn behind the player and instantly kill them when all doors are still closed, this has happened to on many occasions. in the repeating hallway there are no doors for me at least. :173: seems so spawn more often here and always when in noclip mode

PS. why are the bigger containment doors not there? is it because you havent implimented it yet or does it not work? and ill do my best to test everything you impliment, i really wanna help this succeed
Hey thanks for the feedback! Those glitches are due to the fact that 205 is the least implemented room yet. I've gone ahead and added colliders to the terminals, cabinet, and railing. 173 can spawn behind the player because currently the algorithm just chooses a nearby pathfinding grid that the player is not standing on. The room is divided into several grids, so it's probably just spawning on one of the room's other grids. 173 will be much more smart about pathfinding as I continue to tweak its AI. It does also spawn a lot, that will be toned down as I add difficulty modes and options.
As far as the bigger containment doors, I didn't have a way to import some of the .x models from the game as they are an older format. I finally discovered another program with which I can convert the old .x to the new .x format, and THEN convert into blender...I've gotten the doors but I'm still searching models for the door frame.
I'd like to see you recreate earlier versions of SCP:CB instead of just attempting to recreate the entire game at once.
I think 0.5 would be a good place to start.

This is all mostly because SCP:CB has been developed over a couple of years with tons of people contributing to it. I've heard that you are solo'ing this, so unless you intend to get everyone from the past four years on board, you should start with a smaller scope imho.
Appreciate the feedback! This is an important point with which I agree with 100% - overscope is a huge problem. I will say that Unity makes creating things a lot faster than blitz3d so I can compress the time to develop down a lot. In addition, I am able to use a lot of assets that are already created while I'm building the gameplay systems. I do plan on first implementing light containment before moving on and adding other areas, dimensions, and features.

zornor90 wrote:
cross-conception wrote:in scp 205's room 2 "glitches" can occur, the first being that you can phase through the computer terminals (this happens because :REDACTED: ) in that room and scp 173 can spawn behind the player and instantly kill them when all doors are still closed, this has happened to on many occasions. in the repeating hallway there are no doors for me at least. :173: seems so spawn more often here and always when in noclip mode

Hey thanks for the feedback! Those glitches are due to the fact that 205 is the least implemented room yet. I've gone ahead and added colliders to the terminals, cabinet, and railing. 173 can spawn behind the player because currently the algorithm just chooses a nearby pathfinding grid that the player is not standing on. The room is divided into several grids, so it's probably just spawning on one of the room's other grids. 173 will be much more smart about pathfinding as I continue to tweak its AI. It does also spawn a lot, that will be toned down as I add difficulty modes and options.
As far as the bigger containment doors, I didn't have a way to import some of the .x models from the game as they are an older format. I finally discovered another program with which I can convert the old .x to the new .x format, and THEN convert into blender...I've gotten the doors but I'm still searching models for the door frame.

BTW i tried to message you on the sites pm system about helping you with testing and the like, i dont know if you got it but it would be apreciated if you could get back to me on that thanks.
:REDACTED: :duck: :duck:

So, how similar to Containment Breach do you plan on making this?

My worry is that you'll make it too similar, and, like the other ports, this'll get overshadowed by the original game.

Maybe you could take a creative turn and have the cause of the mass containment breach be something new entirely. Like an army of a new kind of SCP that you make up taking over the facility. It makes sense (especially when we consider that Regalis adds new things to current SCP's all the time (*caugh* 087-B)).

I know it seems it's a little soon for this, but really it's not. It's better to figure out what you're want to do before you do it to prevent unneeded work. I'm sure you knew that, but from one game dev to another, please try to take creative liberty.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website