How does 173 works theoretically?

Taking into account only what is on the actual SCP site.

Here are my own questions:

1.What if he is being seen through a camera? Would he move?

2.Can you actually close one eye, then the other so you can still watch him or would he just charge you?

3.If the answer is yes, wouldn't that make SCP 173 easy to avoid?

EDIT:

Now we are speaking theoretically, in other words, what would happen with certain scenarios?
Last edited by CostaRic on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspiration is our best weapon.

Re: How does 173 works technically?

1. I assume so. However, ingame, SCP-173 is immobilized even when being watched through a wall. That is why he doesn't move on camera. (Sometimes he does.)
2. I assume he will stay still, but your cheek muscles get irritated by blinking one eye at a time. Eventually, both eyes will blink simultaneously.
3. No.

CostaRic wrote:1.What if he is being seen through a camera? Would he move?
There's nothing about cameras in the article, so this question doesn't have anything that can be considered a "canon" answer. You can think what you want in this case.
2.Can you actually close one eye, then the other so you can still watch him or would he just charge you?
I wonder how many people that make this question actually tried blinking one eye at a time. You inevitably will close both eyes, eventually, and it's always sooner than later.
But yes, it wouldn't charge at you, since you would still be looking at it with one eye. As long as you can see it, it won't move.
Creator of SCP-345, SCP-700, SCP-860 and SCP-966.

Well, i think that looking at him via camera counts as looking as the statue itself in real time, so it doesn't move, probably. I don't know about photos though, when you look at a photo it may count as looking at the statue in a point past in time, so it probably means it technically isn't looking at the statue.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Glitch wrote:1.) In a video on youtube he was moving while being filmed, just at the speed he was going it looked like flickering.
2.)
I know, this is why I am asking this, like how would it work TECHNICALLY.

And the image is broken for me for some reason. :\
Irontaco wrote:Well, i think that looking at him via camera counts as looking as the statue itself in real time, so it doesn't move, probably. I don't know about photos though, when you look at a photo it may count as looking at the statue in a point past in time, so it probably means it technically isn't looking at the statue.
I think this is the most thoughtfull comment I have gotten so far, I was thinking the same, but never thought about pictures, because that is like looking to another object. What I mean, is it that 173 can be look trhoug a camera, throughout the world, would that make him unable to move?
Inspiration is our best weapon.

CostaRic wrote:Taking into account only what is on the actual SCP site.

Here are my own questions:

1.What if he is being seen through a camera? Would he move?

1. No, looking at the camera dont stop 173 since looking at him by the camera wont stop him.

2. Well u can but since the brain got used to blink both eyes at the same time you eventually blink both. AND 173 will be really pissed off and will kill you, bliking or not.
One day, on Steam..

Code: Select all

26 Fe + Mexican food =: lets see if you're oh so mister oh so smart
26 Fe + Mexican food =: who am i
ShadowDust: IronFajitas
26 Fe + Mexican food =: fuck
ShadowDust: *flies away*