Re: Dev Topic #2

answer42 wrote:@Regalis
So... Say I want to try and translate the blitz3D code to a different language [probably C++] so that people on other OS's could play the game and also so that newer versions of DirectX or OpenGL could be used, what are your thoughts on this? Also, what languages do you know?
That would be awesome, so go ahead if you think you can do it. It will be a huge task though, there's over 10000 lines to translate and you'd have to write a ton of new code to replace the commands and functions of Blitz3D.

BlitzMax and Blitz3D are the only languages I'm fluent with, but I know the basics of Javascript, C# and PHP.

While adding the "changelist" to the wiki I noticed that v0.6.1 just said v0.6, this can be a bit confusing.
Inspiration is our best weapon.

The blitzmax and blitz3D were the first languages I ever learned, I then learned the basics of C and then C++, I haven't yet truely completed anything in any language, but this is due to not having any kind of goal, so I'll see what I can do, hopefully people can bear with me as it might start out a little rough, I know the basics of a couple other languages but I prefer C++, anyways, enough of the sliver of my life story, as I [hopefully] get things goin along I guess I'll just have to upload the binaries somewhere on the forum for testing, fingers crossed :lol:

EDIT: Nobody lose hope, also, I'll probably upload my C++ binaries [whenever they get compiled that is] to my website at first, which I have just recently started up, so I gotta sort that out too...
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

answer42 wrote:The blitzmax and blitz3D were the first languages I ever learned, I then learned the basics of C and then C++, I haven't yet truely completed anything in any language, but this is due to not having any kind of goal, so I'll see what I can do, hopefully people can bear with me as it might start out a little rough, I know the basics of a couple other languages but I prefer C++, anyways, enough of the sliver of my life story, as I [hopefully] get things goin along I guess I'll just have to upload the binaries somewhere on the forum for testing, fingers crossed :lol:

EDIT: Nobody lose hope, also, I'll probably upload my C++ binaries [whenever they get compiled that is] to my website at first, which I have just recently started up, so I gotta sort that out too...
Welcome to the forums! We're happy to have a new helpful member here. ENJOY YOUR STAYAH.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Change the game engine to 'x' - While that game engine might look better it is not the one that the development team wants to use and are comfortable with, it would also mean starting everything from scratch. So no.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

I think the game engine could be improve too but, yeah... Steelpoint has spoken
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Regalis... Can you help us one more time? ;) I know you paid for Fastextension, but... We need it to compile your code and fastlibs.com is offline beacuse someone forgot to pay for that website. Can you post us fastextensions.bb?
Nothing here for now, because the site with my previous banner got infected.

You are taking that COMPLETELY out of context, Glitch. He's saying that Regalis wouldn't respond to any requests to do it, not that someone else couldn't.

Also, I just got the 'good'(ha, ha) ending. I'm a bit confused - was that the Chaos Insurgency, an MTF, Uncle Stubbins and the Wabbajacks, or what? They looked like MTFs, but they obviously aren't.

A water cooler wrote: Also, I just got the 'good'(ha, ha) ending. I'm a bit confused - was that the Chaos Insurgency, an MTF, Uncle Stubbins and the Wabbajacks, or what? They looked like MTFs, but they obviously aren't.
Given the radio messages at the end, I'm certain that it's the Chaos Insurgency, they have a history of using SCP's and the way the teleported in, and the tunnel collapsed behind them afterwords, is a good indicator that SCPs were used. Plus they're the only GOI in the loading screen descriptions.