Re: Dev Topic #2

Destructoid wrote:Mac edition?
I'm pretty sure Regalis said Blitz 3d wouldn't run games for Mac, and I'm not sure about .XNA, seeing as its a Microsoft product.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

It has been stated several times, and in the F.A.Q, that a Mac version of SCP:CB is not possible due to the engine used. Sorry Mac users.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Regalis could improve the intro putting some scientists working and walking, when you are in the "Gas catwalk", so when you look down, you see the scientists doing their job :D

GMplum666 wrote:Regalis could improve the intro putting some scientists working and walking, when you are in the "Gas catwalk", so when you look down, you see the scientists doing their job :D
He said that he was going to put them but he couldn't finish them.

Another idea I had was to add dead Guard/D-class bodies randomly in places with they're current models in that "dead on the ground" poses, like at the current intro. Megacreep effect.

I was also thinking that a lot further down the road that there could be dynamic AI life in the facility, Like guards and other SCP's fighting each other in the distance and the outcome is different every time (Guards kill a few expendable Euclids or something, Euclids/Keters kill them and scientists/D-classes), bodies of real NPC's that died in different places, bodies of real SCP's that died in different places, etc.

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but what happens if 106 or 173 encounter the guards? Do they attack the guards, or what?

I don't think either the SCP's or the MTF currently react to one another. Though I almost never have had the two run into each other.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

I did at one point when the MTF still had psychic powers and knew exactly where you were - I lead 106 into the group, hoping he'd decide to administer buttsecks, but he didn't. In fact, he and the guards walked through eachother several times. I also lead them into 173's Lock-room when he was inside, and again, he didn't react to them.

@Regalis
So... Say I want to try and translate the blitz3D code to a different language [probably C++] so that people on other OS's could play the game and also so that newer versions of DirectX or OpenGL could be used, what are your thoughts on this? Also, what languages do you know?
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

Steelpoint wrote:I don't think either the SCP's or the MTF currently react to one another. Though I almost never have had the two run into each other.
The MTF's currently do indeed react to 106, and carry out the Recall Protocol. They'll also demand for Tesla Gates to be disabled, but you'll have to have your radio equipped for all of these options (on the one reserved radio channel).
It slep time bunner.