Re: Dev Topic #2

I had an idea today; I was thinking of possibly making 173 more 'animate', in the sense of giving him animation poses that could freeze every time the player see's him. So for instance, 173's head can be in a different position than just staring forwards all the time; like looking sideways left, right, etc at the player (Like in his official SCP-wikia picture).

I could also do his legs and arms; but I think it won't look good if I give his legs different poses (they look good frozen like that all the time now anyways), I could give his arms a 'strangle' pose for when he snaps the players neck.

Thoughts? :) it wouldn't be that difficult (the only difficulty being that the current 173 model was sculpted by whoever made it; then they decimated the high-poly sculpt down into 18k polys mostly consisted of Tri's, which don't like armature movements..).

Mirocaine wrote:I had an idea today; I was thinking of possibly making 173 more 'animate', in the sense of giving him animation poses that could freeze every time the player see's him. So for instance, 173's head can be in a different position than just staring forwards all the time; like looking sideways left, right, etc at the player (Like in his official SCP-wikia picture).
Yeah, I had a similar idea on the old forum, it'd definitely add more character to 173, in a sense, to come into his chamber, and to have him be staring at you. I don't really see how the arms could really be posed, other than up and down, that wouldn't look rather silly. I think them being constantly outstretched is somewhat of a trait to him, I guess having him raise his arms once close enough could work.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:I had an idea today; I was thinking of possibly making 173 more 'animate', in the sense of giving him animation poses that could freeze every time the player see's him. So for instance, 173's head can be in a different position than just staring forwards all the time; like looking sideways left, right, etc at the player (Like in his official SCP-wikia picture).
Yeah, I had a similar idea on the old forum, it'd definitely add more character to 173, in a sense, to come into his chamber, and to have him be staring at you. I don't really see how the arms could really be posed, other than up and down, that wouldn't look rather silly. I think them being constantly outstretched is somewhat of a trait to him, I guess having him raise his arms once close enough could work.
I think it should only be the head, since thats the only thing that appears to be able to move. Everytime you blink you might see his head in a different direction, but always looking directly at you.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

If his head is the only thing that can move, how does he strangle you or snap your neck? And how does he use the vents to move around?

A water cooler wrote:If his head is the only thing that can move, how does he strangle you or snap your neck? And how does he use the vents to move around?
We don't know. Thats the horror. Meet Foundation logic.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

I'm not a stranger to 'Foundation logic,' as you put it. it's explicitly said that 173 strangles his victims. To do that, he has to be able to move his limbs. Full stop. I can buy that he could kill you by zooming into you at really fast speeds and break your neck with his little sexy arms, but if he's going to strangle you, his arms will have to move in some way unless he climbs up your back like a goblin and wraps his legs around your neck instead.

A water cooler wrote:I can buy that he could kill you by zooming into you at really fast speeds and break your neck with his little sexy arms...
But if he can't move, HOW DOES HE GAIN SPEED?
A water cooler wrote:...but if he's going to strangle you, his arms will have to move in some way unless he climbs up your back like a goblin and wraps his legs around your neck instead.
Or.... HE IS A TELEPATH. >:D
Regalis wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote:
Oskar-PL wrote:Can you post us fastextensions.bb?
[REDACTED]
(Mediafire turned it into a text-file, just resave as .BB)
Just so you know, that's illegal. You're sharing a paid library, so don't be surprised if it gets removed from mediafire.
Mmmmm... Okay. Didn't realize it was paid. Anyways, feel free to wait until fastlibs comes back online. Might want to edit your quote to fit the redacted, I'm still leaving it on mediafire.

Mod Edit: Double post. Stahp.

Oh god, this is worse than the current SCP-079 image... also makes more since, as SCP-079 is text-based, and that face is made of text.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

^ That was an old pic I made up for a 079-related plotline on the old forum. It was done with a simple ASCII image-to-text site. I kinda wish something other than 079's camera 'glitch' pic was used for his in-person view.
It slep time bunner.