Re: Dev Topic #2

Regalis wrote:It seems that we'll be able to use the 682 model from the "Six-Eight-Two"-game, so it's quite certain now that it will be in the game at some point. :)
Do you think it could possibly replace the arm at Gate B, actually showing him mounting one of the buildings, and bounding up at the choppers and taking one down?
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Regalis wrote:It seems that we'll be able to use the 682 model from the "Six-Eight-Two"-game, so it's quite certain now that it will be in the game at some point. :)
Do you think it could possibly replace the arm at Gate B, actually showing him mounting one of the buildings, and bounding up at the choppers and taking one down?
That's probably what will happen.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Regalis wrote:
Oskar-PL wrote:Regalis... Can you help us one more time? ;) I know you paid for Fastextension, but... We need it to compile your code and fastlibs.com is offline beacuse someone forgot to pay for that website. Can you post us fastextensions.bb?
Umm... This is a bit problematic, since FastExtension's license doesn't allow sharing any of the source code that comes with the library. I can't think of any other way to compile the program without the library than sending the code to me so that I can compile it... Unless you are willing to pirate it, but that's mean and wrong of course.
answer42 wrote:If I waited till it were completed, what would be the point of doing a rewrite in C++? Programming takes patience, my college term ends next thursday, so I'll try to dedicate as much of my Christmas break as I can to coding...
I'm working on starting it now, but I'm gonna try and use OpenGL instead of DirectX [I'll probably add DirectX support later] so that users on other OS's can play the game too, and hopefully the models can be updated so that they're more detailed and have better animations, not sure yet how the current DirectX meshes are going to complicate things, though it seams unlikely, btw, what was the modeling software that was used for the meshes?
I agree, it's better to start rewriting as early as possible: if you waited until it's completed, there would me much more code to translate. It would of course take some time for me to get used to C++ if I continued the development with the translated code, but it's just a minor drawback compared to all the advantages.

I really hope this works out, it would probably be the best thing that's ever happened to SCPCB. Making the game run on other OS's is definitely not the only advantage of translating the code. There are waaaaaay more C++ programmers out there than ones using Blitz3D, so there would be a lot more people who could help with the project. It would also allow us to make an enormous upgrade on the graphics.

Just let me know if you need any help. The code is pretty messy so I might have to clarify how some parts of it work.

...And the DirectX meshes, they can be converted to some other format if there are any problems with them.
Yeah, i guess converting it to C++ could be a huge advantage, but, how would you code it Regalis? Knowing that you don't know C++?
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Oskar-PL wrote:Can you post us fastextensions.bb?
[REDACTED]
(Mediafire turned it into a text-file, just resave as .BB)
Oskar-PL wrote:We need it to compile your code and fastlibs.com...
fastlibs.com....
Maybe, I mean just because it has a huge sign saying FASTLIBS at the top of the file, doesn't mean it has to be from there, right? I have it because I just wanted to convert Containment Breach to BlitzMax for Linux and Mac... and had to convert this into .BMX. But I'm still stuck on the loop where it lists all the graphics modes..... BlitzMax only has 3d, and it's a pain with all the converting.
Last edited by mrpeanut188 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrpeanut188 wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7676vnvfv9imiqc
Oskar-PL wrote:We need it to compile your code and fastlibs.com...
fastlibs.com....
Maybe, I mean just because it has a huge sign saying FASTLIBS at the top of the file, doesn't mean it has to be from there, right? I have it because I just wanted to convert Containment Breach to BlitzMax for Linux and Mac... and had to convert this into .BMX. But I'm still stuck on the loop where it lists all the graphics modes..... BlitzMax only has 3d, and it's a pain with all the converting.
Thank you so much Mr.Peanut ;)
Nothing here for now, because the site with my previous banner got infected.

Irontaco wrote:Yeah, i guess converting it to C++ could be a huge advantage, but, how would you code it Regalis? Knowing that you don't know C++?
I would have to learn it. :) I know it's orders of magnitude harder than Blitz3D, but my previous should knowledge of C# would probably help getting started. Having the converted C++ code as a point of reference should also make it a bit easier.
mrpeanut188 wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7676vnvfv9imiqc
Just so you know, that's illegal. You're sharing a paid library, so don't be surprised if it gets removed from mediafire.
mrpeanut188 wrote:I have it because I just wanted to convert Containment Breach to BlitzMax for Linux and Mac... and had to convert this into .BMX. But I'm still stuck on the loop where it lists all the graphics modes..... BlitzMax only has 3d, and it's a pain with all the converting.
BlitzMax doesn't have any built-in system for 3D graphics, so you'll have to use some extension to do the conversion. As far as I know, all of the 3D libraries for BlitzMax are Windows-only (like Blitz3D SDK which I used when SCPCB was still written in BlitzMax).

EDIT: fixed the quote

Regalis wrote:
DEFINITELY NOT ME! wrote:I have it because I just wanted to convert Containment Breach to BlitzMax for Linux and Mac... and had to convert this into .BMX. But I'm still stuck on the loop where it lists all the graphics modes..... BlitzMax only has 3d, and it's a pain with all the converting.
BlitzMax doesn't have any built-in system for 3D graphics, so you'll have to use some extension to do the conversion. As far as I know, all of the 3D libraries for BlitzMax are Windows-only (like Blitz3D SDK which I used when SCPCB was still written in BlitzMax).
Why is this quote named from my account? I didn't say that...
Last edited by Oskar-PL on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing here for now, because the site with my previous banner got infected.

I kinda like the old doors
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.