Re: SCP:CB on Steam Green Light

There have been tons of debate on this discussion and I for one say YES, I think he should put in on Steam Greenlight so that way we can get the game and have the game update without having to redownload the game, maybe then we can keep saves for longer periods of time, plus that can open up the Steam workshop for the SCP CB community making it so people can make mods for the game and share them easily! I think it is a great idea and I think that Regalis should do it, and I think that we should try to find some way to say to Regalis, hey this is something we want, you should really consider it, we (some of us) think it would benefit the game!
"Hello" ~ SCP - 049

Hoskinator wrote:I think he should put in on Steam Greenlight so that way we can get the game and have the game update without having to redownload the game
Yes, because Steam magically allows games to be able to have delta updates.
Hoskinator wrote:maybe then we can keep saves for longer periods of time
Yes, because Steam magically does that to.
Hoskinator wrote:plus that can open up the Steam workshop for the SCP CB community making it so people can make mods for the game and share them easily!
Because Steam magically gives all games full mod support as well!

Seriously though, putting the game on Steam doesn't just make all this stuff works. In fact, a of what you said could probably be replicated now even without Steam.

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Hoskinator wrote:I think he should put in on Steam Greenlight so that way we can get the game and have the game update without having to redownload the game
Yes, because Steam magically allows games to be able to have delta updates.
Hoskinator wrote:maybe then we can keep saves for longer periods of time
Yes, because Steam magically does that to.
Hoskinator wrote:plus that can open up the Steam workshop for the SCP CB community making it so people can make mods for the game and share them easily!
Because Steam magically gives all games full mod support as well!

Seriously though, putting the game on Steam doesn't just make all this stuff works. In fact, a of what you said could probably be replicated now even without Steam.
True, but where would that happen? I mean of course the last thing that you said, where could all this happen? And one really good reason that Steam would be a good choice is because millions of people use Steam, and they would see this game on there, because it would OBVIOUSLY get past Greenlight and onto the Steam store, and then it would get AMAZING publicity because so many more people would discover this game, then this forum and the SCP - Wiki would (hopefully) be flooded with tons of new fans of the SCP Foundation.
"Hello" ~ SCP - 049