Re: [Map] SCP Facility

Hello everyone!

I've uploaded a new version, the changes are found in the changelog (first post of this topic)

I will start to work on a map overview very soon.

Please test the map in the meanwhile if you spot any missing things / any missing events and if the Heavy Containment and Entrance Zone are fully playable and/or solvable.

Hi everyone!
After a small break I am back and started working on the more detailed map-overview, I also made a small change to the map due to Failface's comment.

It saddens me that I lack feedback on my map, especially about the Heavy Containment Zone and the Entrance Zone, has anyone tried the map already?
If yes, it would be very kind to get a feedback either via PM or just reply to this topic.

As always, all changes are kept in the changelog.

BaxterR

I just played this. It was a wonderful map...only one tiny problem. If you go near SCP-106's chamber, it will give you a memory access violation. This makes it impossible to contain 106 without the use of commands (which, unfortunately, meant that I was unable to get all the achievements, because not using commands is one of them. I got every other achievement but that)

Mathelete wrote:I just played this. It was a wonderful map...only one tiny problem. If you go near SCP-106's chamber, it will give you a memory access violation. This makes it impossible to contain 106 without the use of commands (which, unfortunately, meant that I was unable to get all the achievements, because not using commands is one of them. I got every other achievement but that)
Hey Mathelete!
Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately I cannot help with that error as I dont get it myself.
Are you using 1.0.4? Worked for me there.
As 1.0.5 just contains some fixes and no new content I am quite sure it should work with that version aswell.
I have been busy lately, but the coloured map overview is about 3/4 complete and will be uploaded soon.

Hi everyone!
An other screenshot has been added.
This one shows the map layout in colours so it is now possible to differ the rooms from each other.
In it you will be able to see: containment zones, containment chambers, checkpoints, dead ends and both exits.

Also I added a small info about the new version 1.0.6.

Greetings,
BaxterR

BaxterR wrote:
Mathelete wrote:I just played this. It was a wonderful map...only one tiny problem. If you go near SCP-106's chamber, it will give you a memory access violation. This makes it impossible to contain 106 without the use of commands (which, unfortunately, meant that I was unable to get all the achievements, because not using commands is one of them. I got every other achievement but that)
Hey Mathelete!
Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately I cannot help with that error as I dont get it myself.
As 1.0.5 just contains some fixes and no new content I am quite sure it should work with that version aswell.
I have been busy lately, but the coloured map overview is about 3/4 complete and will be uploaded soon.
I was using 1.0.5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZe8Qg8jaA

Mathelete wrote:
BaxterR wrote:
Hey Mathelete!
I was using 1.0.5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZe8Qg8jaA
Hey Mathelete!

Cool that you have been playing my map and also recording it!
I watched the first part of it (Part 9) where you start playing.
You are right at 18:48 that this looks kinda pointless from the player-POV but as I mentioned in the first post, this map looks forward to a realistic map layout.
Just imagine before the breach: If anyone could breach that blast door, they would have to go through the gas-chamber aswell which would be nearly impossible without equipment or help from SCP employees.
Just think of it as one of the many side-entrances for employees only.
With that airlock before it also helps keeping SCPs inside the facility.
To be fair, the spawnchance of SCP-173 is at 0%, as well as 106 wont spawn in the endroom (which could happen in any endroom of light containment).
About the crash: earlier in the game you already went through that catwalk, so I assume it is not a bug caused by the map's layout.