Re: Anything to fix the lag?

Regalis wrote:Damn. I get a pretty solid 40 FPS and have a fairly low end PC. Could you guys post some specs? It'd help determining whether the fps issues are caused by rendering or game logic (or both).
With pleasure :106:
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

juanjpro wrote:I found a way to optimize the method the game uses to hide rooms. Only check distance for PlayerRoom rather than every room, and then make the game show every room that is adjacent to it. This change alone increases my average FPS to 50.
What do you mean by checking distance? How can I do that?

I get between 20 - 40 FPS in 1.0 normally, and when I enter the forest I get about 8.

Running Windeos 7 64 bit.
I have 3.2 Ghz processor single core.
an Nvidea GeForce 4800 HD DDR3
and 16 GB of RAM.

Those aren't exact specs, I'm not at my computer to check, but that's around what I have, and I know I have that much RAM.

At least 18 Frames Per Second here. Lowest I had was 12.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.9 GHz, 8 Cores
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Intel HD Graphics Family [ Intergrated ]
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 4GB

I've modified the NVIDIA Control Panel to make SCP Containment Breach use my Intel Integrated Graphics Card as the NVIDIA GPU produces that Flickering Text Bug.

So after playing Containment Breach using my NVIDIA GPU, I reached around 30 Frames Per Second [ Possibly slightly Higher too ]. Only problem is that Flickering Text Bug really makes it hard to play the Game.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

I found this on another thread:
juanjpro wrote:It used to run at 50 FPS without the FPS limit. Here's the modified source code, I also added this dll, which may or may not help with performance issues on Windows 8 (I'm not sure of what it does, and I don't have Windows 8 so I can't test it). Some bump mapping bugs have also been fixed, the game doesn't crash anymore and they look a bit better than v0.9.3.

Edit: For all Windows 8 users who see this: please download this and test it, and tell me if there are any performance improvements
I have Windows 8.1 and this increased my performance from 10-20fps to 50-60fps.