Re: Dev Topic #4

Spoiler
I couldn't sleep last night so I had to finish this thing for 1.1. God I am so sorry for doing this. I should really be leaving the dev team now for fall college class semesters
--------------
Also I need to explain more about what happened on the 860 animations, I mentioned a few months back that something odd had occured, so I'll basically explain what I meant: You see Kenneth had done a real weird setup for animation (as one whole) so I had to break it down into several different animations for an acceptable format to export to .fbx -> .b3d

The process requires exporting the finished model from blender as the .fbx and importing to fragMOTION and from there adding textures, making sure the skeleton is right, testing animations and likewise. But you see, when I got to the fragMOTION part I was eager to take a look at how the animations were going (because they run at 60 frames in fragMOTION and only 24 frames at max in Blender). As I was cycling into the idle and running animations something totally bizarre happened, I've had tons of animation bugs before with other models cause I didn't set the armature bones X,Y coordinates correctly, etc.. but the monster was sort of randomly "spazzing" in the animations at set/random intervals. I was immediately disappointed and tried to think of any mistakes I could of made.. but then as I kept watching them (the animations).. it actually improved them. No longer was it some sort of perfect feline or animal prancing through animations but had an extremely unnatural air to it, the sort of shaking seemed to blend perfectly with all the animations I had corrected from Kenneth. All I know is I had exported it to Regalis and he said it had gone well, but never in all my 2+ years of fragMOTION have I ever seen a model behave like that.. and better yet I still don't know why.

Re: Dev Topic #4

Mirocaine wrote:No longer was it some sort of perfect feline or animal prancing through animations but had an extremely unnatural air to it, the sort of shaking seemed to blend perfectly with all the animations I had corrected from Kenneth. All I know is I had exported it to Regalis and he said it had gone well, but never in all my 2+ years of fragMOTION have I ever seen a model behave like that.. and better yet I still don't know why.
It has its own life :gasp:
Sounds incredible awesome, i want to see that. :D