Re: Importing CB into UDK. (PROJECT - ACTIVE)

Mirocaine wrote: First idea that comes to mind is like SCP:CB singleplayer, but with other players + Keter mode only. The problem would be people getting too excited and wanting to jump + dance around, which breaks the intended stealth factor. However, we're far, far from working on that. Right now if UDK needs the amount of programming that it looks like, it may be a long time before we can implement even simple things like AI.
Don't worry, I'll take care of the programming if you guys need help. I am a bit disappointed that you decided to port to UDK. I chose Unity because from what I've heard, UDK isn't much fun to develop with. Not to mention Unreal Script -- what even is that? But I have been meaning to learn UDK so that I can see how it compares to Unity, so definitely add me to the team :) I'll help wherever I can.

risingstar64 wrote:Don't worry, I'll take care of the programming if you guys need help. I am a bit disappointed that you decided to port to UDK. I chose Unity because from what I've heard, UDK isn't much fun to develop with. Not to mention Unreal Script -- what even is that? But I have been meaning to learn UDK so that I can see how it compares to Unity, so definitely add me to the team :) I'll help wherever I can.
Yeah, I'm still not 100% positive on the engine change idea. Maybe Unity would be a bit more flexible for us, I'd have to talk to Chris more about it. Thanks for wanting to help program, most of the assets are already done for CB anyhow, so now it's just importing them over + doing some minor tweaking.

Mirocaine wrote:
risingstar64 wrote:Don't worry, I'll take care of the programming if you guys need help. I am a bit disappointed that you decided to port to UDK. I chose Unity because from what I've heard, UDK isn't much fun to develop with. Not to mention Unreal Script -- what even is that? But I have been meaning to learn UDK so that I can see how it compares to Unity, so definitely add me to the team :) I'll help wherever I can.
Yeah, I'm still not 100% positive on the engine change idea. Maybe Unity would be a bit more flexible for us, I'd have to talk to Chris more about it. Thanks for wanting to help program, most of the assets are already done for CB anyhow, so now it's just importing them over + doing some minor tweaking.
Are you still going to work on the Blitz3d version or is the UDK going to be your main focus? Please tell me you will still be working on Blitz :'( Also, do you know if Reg or anyone else working on the game would be willing to add support for the Oculus Rift? Because if someone is willing to could you just imagine 173 literally popping up in your face when he moves, or look behind you as 106 or 096 is chasing you :shock:

TheRooster09 wrote:Are you still going to work on the Blitz3d version or is the UDK going to be your main focus? Please tell me you will still be working on Blitz :'( Also, do you know if Reg or anyone else working on the game would be willing to add support for the Oculus Rift? Because if someone is willing to could you just imagine 173 literally popping up in your face when he moves, or look behind you as 106 or 096 is chasing you :shock:
Actually we're going with Unity now, after some design decisions. I think I will be ceasing development on the Blitz version, after I finish a couple more assets. Oculus rift support is highly more likely with a new Engine upgrade, it would only make sense if Unity themselves would add official support for it like UDK.

Re: Importing CB into Unity!. (PROJECT - ACTIVE)

Gonna apply some thread glue to this convertion thread too, to see what makes progress the most, between this one and the c++ one.

About Oculus Rift, I wish it could be used with SCP CB already, and I personally can imagine a lot of games that would be so awesome if they had support for it (GTA SA, Amnesia Dark descent, etc.).
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Sparks wrote:About Oculus Rift, I wish it could be used with SCP CB already, and I personally can imagine a lot of games that would be so awesome if they had support for it (GTA SA, Amnesia Dark descent, etc.).
Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future. I'm getting the consumer version of OR when it comes out, and will most likely try to make it work with SCPCB. :) The only problem I might run into is making the program receive the head tracking data from OR, but I'm pretty confident that it can be done with DLLs for example.

Regalis wrote:
Sparks wrote:About Oculus Rift, I wish it could be used with SCP CB already, and I personally can imagine a lot of games that would be so awesome if they had support for it (GTA SA, Amnesia Dark descent, etc.).
Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future. I'm getting the consumer version of OR when it comes out, and will most likely try to make it work with SCPCB. :) The only problem I might run into is making the program receive the head tracking data from OR, but I'm pretty confident that it can be done with DLLs for example.
Heh, Oculus Rift, would be fucking beautiful with this game! Also, Among The Sleep supports Oculus Rift. I think it already is Oculus Rift compatible.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Regalis wrote:
Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future.
already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future.
OR support is entirely possible in the future.
possible in the future.
Spoiler
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Sparks wrote:
Regalis wrote:
Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future.
already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future.
OR support is entirely possible in the future.
possible in the future.
Spoiler
Agree
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Regalis wrote:
I could see OR working VERY well with the eye mechanics of CB. Only if there could be some way to detect blinking, then you'd have full immersion for CB.
It slep time bunner.