Re: Importing CB into Unity!. (PROJECT - ACTIVE) (NEW VIDEO)

InnocentSam wrote:
garbo wrote:Isn't better to import CB when it's completely finsihed?
Yes and no. Yes because Regalis may improve the game in a way that may slow the Unity development. No because if they finish porting before Regalis gets to v1.0, then Regalis can shuffle over to Unity and work his magic :)
What says Regalis would use Unity? I understand that BlitzBasic is based of the C language syntax, but what makes you sure he will switch over to Unity and it's C#?

mrpeanut188 wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:
garbo wrote:Isn't better to import CB when it's completely finsihed?
Yes and no. Yes because Regalis may improve the game in a way that may slow the Unity development. No because if they finish porting before Regalis gets to v1.0, then Regalis can shuffle over to Unity and work his magic :)
What says Regalis would use Unity? I understand that BlitzBasic is based of the C language syntax, but what makes you sure he will switch over to Unity and it's C#?
Because he said that he'd like to switch to a new engine but doesn't want the effort involved. If someone's already ported it, he said he'd switch.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote: I understand that BlitzBasic is based of the C language syntax, but what makes you sure he will switch over to Unity and it's C#?
Because he said that he'd like to switch to a new engine but doesn't want the effort involved. If someone's already ported it, he said he'd switch.
Yes, I cannot wait for the C++ port to be completed then.