Re: Dev Topic #3

Regalis maybe you could add a doctors name to the level 5 keycard room, like Doctor Rosewood on the wall outside or Dr Rosewood, however else the opther doctors rooms are announced.
Hello, I am [[REDACTED]], [[REDACTED]]. I have been a fan of SCP for [[REDACTED]] [[REDACTED]]. I am also on the SCP:CB Wiki, and thats it so... [[REDACTED]] off much?

Running around a forest yelling "BANG BANG" sounds fun.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Regalis wrote:We'll, pretty much everything I've planned for v0.7.2 is ready, except the MTF improvements. Now they only react to SCP-173: they put it in a sort of metallic cage/platform contraption, take it back to the containment cell and lock it back in. There's still quite a lot of work to do before they'll react to the other SCPs, not to mention making the SCPs react to them.
Nice, so I'm guessing once they contain it, 173 won't spawn again for the rest of the game? Also, speaking of containing SCPs, they hardly ever contain 106 properly, once they enter his chamber, they usually only stand around on the bridge. Once they enter the chamber, they should be forced to walk into the control area. As for 096, I feel his containment would be really simple, and practically a copy and pasted version of 173's containment. The way they would contain him would probably be for them to place a bag over his head, and walk him down to his containment area (you'd have to model a room for him I guess; perhaps with a gaping hole torn into the containment door and blood everywhere). Also, you might want to send Night some ideas for the animations of the MTF once he comes around to doing the animating, I'm sure it'd look better if it looked like they were actually containing 173 as opposed to standing there while a box appears.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Regalis wrote:We'll, pretty much everything I've planned for v0.7.2 is ready, except the MTF improvements. Now they only react to SCP-173: they put it in a sort of metallic cage/platform contraption, take it back to the containment cell and lock it back in. There's still quite a lot of work to do before they'll react to the other SCPs, not to mention making the SCPs react to them.
Nice, so I'm guessing once they contain it, 173 won't spawn again for the rest of the game? Also, speaking of containing SCPs, they hardly ever contain 106 properly, once they enter his chamber, they usually only stand around on the bridge. Once they enter the chamber, they should be forced to walk into the control area. As for 096, I feel his containment would be really simple, and practically a copy and pasted version of 173's containment. The way they would contain him would probably be for them to place a bag over his head, and walk him down to his containment area (you'd have to model a room for him I guess; perhaps with a gaping hole torn into the containment door and blood everywhere). Also, you might want to send Night some ideas for the animations of the MTF once he comes around to doing the animating, I'm sure it'd look better if it looked like they were actually containing 173 as opposed to standing there while a box appears.
We did talk about that just recently in a necro'd topic (Found here, but was locked: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=20). The idea was should the player encounter an MTF while being chased by SCP-096, they would get a "free pass". MTF will recontain SCP-096, giving the player time to escape since the MTF will be more focused on the SCP. However, we came to the problem of how. He' be running pretty fast, and somehow they;d have to stop SCP-096 immediately before he can move any farther and , as you stated, "place a bag over his head" to calm him, thus going through the process of recontainment.

Speaking of reconainment, should that animation be made, the older containment chamber for SCP-096 has to be brought back so that MTF can transport him there rather than the same room he was spawned in. Of course, you guys didn't delete the old chamber, did you?

Ltn Vasquez wrote:We did talk about that just recently in a necro'd topic (Found here, but was locked: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=20). The idea was should the player encounter an MTF while being chased by SCP-096, they would get a "free pass". MTF will recontain SCP-096, giving the player time to escape since the MTF will be more focused on the SCP. However, we came to the problem of how. He' be running pretty fast, and somehow they;d have to stop SCP-096 immediately before he can move any farther and , as you stated, "place a bag over his head" to calm him, thus going through the process of recontainment.

Speaking of reconainment, should that animation be made, the older containment chamber for SCP-096 has to be brought back so that MTF can transport him there rather than the same room he was spawned in. Of course, you guys didn't delete the old chamber, did you?
I doubt the MTF would be able to stop or contain 096 once its enraged, the article states once you've seen his face, absolutely NOTHING can stop it, the MTF probably wouldn't be able to even slow it down much.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Ltn Vasquez wrote:
Omniary wrote:
We did talk about that just recently in a necro'd topic (Found here, but was locked: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=20). The idea was should the player encounter an MTF while being chased by SCP-096, they would get a "free pass". MTF will recontain SCP-096, giving the player time to escape since the MTF will be more focused on the SCP. However, we came to the problem of how. He' be running pretty fast, and somehow they;d have to stop SCP-096 immediately before he can move any farther and , as you stated, "place a bag over his head" to calm him, thus going through the process of recontainment.

because they were recieving dead threads.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Yeah, if SCP-096 is angry then they should say something like "SCP-096 has been set off, wait till it gets it prey." but I think there should be and animation so when they walk into the server room with him in they should say "SCP-096 is in this room, we must contain it with a bag from behind." I also like the idea of the 106's bridge. I was noclipping in there with the MTF on the bridge and they where ALWAYS stopping or geting stuck on the stairs. Then when they came in the room of 106 they wouldn't do anything. I think it may of been because I spawned one down there and MTF's spawned using commands can't do it. I can't see how they will contain 173 though because where do they get the cage from? Will he stay in his cell for the hole game if contained? Oh and for the MTF containment of 096 they should have a thing in the source code where if it looks at them they immediately turn away ALWAYS. What about 049? Will there ever be and option to let MTF's go down elevators? I think that would be nice. They kill 049-2's but tell 049 to halt and he walks back into his room and they lock it for the hole game.
Hello, I am [[REDACTED]], [[REDACTED]]. I have been a fan of SCP for [[REDACTED]] [[REDACTED]]. I am also on the SCP:CB Wiki, and thats it so... [[REDACTED]] off much?

Omniary wrote:
Who knows, maybe the magical appearing box is a safe SCP used for recontainment. Seems legit.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

V.0.7.2 can't wait!! So when the MTF are trying to contain it does SCP-173 fight back or do the MTF have the option to always remain eye contact? Like.... ALWAYS! You can also spawn Guards with the console commands but because there are none after the breach I doubt your gonna give them and option to look at it or contain it.