Re: Dev Topic #3

I noticed something in 008 chamber. While the middle, where the shower is, is supposed to be a decontamination room, it serves no purpose. And I'm not talking only ingame.

I mean, the two door are synchronized so when one is half close the other is half open, if the virus is airborne this does nothing to impee it's spread. To be a working decontamination room both doors should be able to be closed at the same time, having diferent buttons, and they should be imposible to open both at the same time.

I undertand that they are wirking now on the same principle as one of 173's red rooms, but it doesn't fit here.

Also door still starts closed(Maybe there should be a button to open it from the observation room?)
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Lusor1111 wrote:I mean, the two door are synchronized so when one is half close the other is half open, if the virus is airborne this does nothing to impee it's spread.
SCP-008 is not airborne, it is transmitted through bodily fluids of the infected or exposed mucous membranes.

The Why the decontamination zone is even there? If the virus can't be contagied by air it makes no sense, just by semoving the hazmat clothes you would no longer carry any risk of infection. I could make sense if instead of the tiny amount of viral matter they had, there where something that could spray the virus over you.

Also I' sorry for overlooking that deatil about 008, I'm really sorry.

Is the hazmat suit going to have more use in future updates? As of right now, the only thing that it protects you from is a completely easy to avoid danger.

James The Skunk wrote:
106phobia wrote:Is the hazmat suit going to have more use in future updates? As of right now, the only thing that it protects you from is a completely easy to avoid danger.

I'm almost positive it will get a bigger use in the future.

I mean, for example, look at the ring SCP (frogot the name) When first released it used to be almost completely useless, only protecting you from the coffin SCP's camrea feed and annoyingly limited your stamina to two bars.. (Which was also a completely easy to avoid danger, you never even had any use for going into the coffin's containment room) It also nullifies SCP-420-J

Now, it protects you from the Plague Doctor's touch of death. (At least the wiki says so) This makes it actually pretty nice to have. It can also protect you from the music SCP (frogot the name) preventing you from automatiaclly walking towards it and hurting/killing yourself.

I do agree with you on wanting the hazmat suit to have a bigger use.

(Perhaps a mandatory room you have to get through to get to the gates, or a new ending, etc. Like that giant dinosaur's containment cell, you NEED the hazmat suit otherwise the acidic vapors in the room kill the player instantly)
Is SCP 772 still being developed by Microcaine? If it is going to be added at one point, I think the Hazmat Suit could protect you from them for a short time before they break into the suit. It's just an idea, though.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

I noticed that the ring does not keep protecting you from 049's touch, 049 takes the hand and pulls it off i think so he can touch ya

Why would the ring do something against 049?

Lusor1111 wrote:Why would the ring do something against 049?
It depends on whether 049's touch of death is psychological or not, since if it is, then 714 would provide a degree of protection against it. Bear in mind the nature of 049's touch is unknown to us; on the official document, all it says is "The victim (hereafter referred to as SCP-049-2) suffers [DATA EXPUNGED] and dies within moments". Since the redacted information could be anything, there is no reason 049's attack can't be a mind-altering effect.

Whatever it is it is not memetic or pure sugestion. Therefore 714 would have no use. Even if we don't know the nature of 049 we do know what memetic or psycological is.