Re: Dev Topic #3

Daniel123Shaw123 wrote:V.0.7.2 can't wait!! So when the MTF are trying to contain it does SCP-173 fight back or do the MTF have the option to always remain eye contact? Like.... ALWAYS! You can also spawn Guards with the console commands but because there are none after the breach I doubt your gonna give them and option to look at it or contain it.
I believe Regalis mentioned something about the MTF actually capturing SCP-173 in a giant metal cage. Not sure, this way some time ago.

I know, but does 173 actually attack them or do they have a code where they look at it automatically so there will be no fights between them, and do the MTF fight back if 173 kills 1 of the men on the team?
Hello, I am [[REDACTED]], [[REDACTED]]. I have been a fan of SCP for [[REDACTED]] [[REDACTED]]. I am also on the SCP:CB Wiki, and thats it so... [[REDACTED]] off much?

How's the progress on 0.7.2 so far? Is the estimated release still the same as before, or is it going to be pushed to a slightly later date? I don't want to sound like I'm rushing you, but I'm excited to see the MTF try to contain 173. I also hope you improved 096. I haven't been in its room yet (mostly due to a persistent memory access violation :P), but when I do, I'd like to go in there knowing I can look at the floor without 096 freaking out about me seeing its feet.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

LukeDude759 wrote:How's the progress on 0.7.2 so far? Is the estimated release still the same as before, or is it going to be pushed to a slightly later date? I don't want to sound like I'm rushing you, but I'm excited to see the MTF try to contain 173. I also hope you improved 096. I haven't been in its room yet (mostly due to a persistent memory access violation :P), but when I do, I'd like to go in there knowing I can look at the floor without 096 freaking out about me seeing its feet.
Regalis is currently serving in the Finnish Military, so we're not really sure. Last time an estimate was made was a few weeks. That may have been around five or ten pages ago in this thread.

Ltn Vasquez wrote:
LukeDude759 wrote:How's the progress on 0.7.2 so far? Is the estimated release still the same as before, or is it going to be pushed to a slightly later date? I don't want to sound like I'm rushing you, but I'm excited to see the MTF try to contain 173. I also hope you improved 096. I haven't been in its room yet (mostly due to a persistent memory access violation :P), but when I do, I'd like to go in there knowing I can look at the floor without 096 freaking out about me seeing its feet.
Regalis is currently serving in the Finnish Military, so we're not really sure. Last time an estimate was made was a few weeks. That may have been around five or ten pages ago in this thread.
I heard the estimated release was somewhere between June 8th and June 14th. When I got a 503 error all of this morning, I was hoping that meant Regalis was putting 0.7.2 on the front page. Apparently not, though...
My SCP playthrough

v0.7.2 is pretty much ready now, but I'll still do some minor tweaks and bugtesting before releasing it. Should be ready by tomorrow. :)

Here's an (incomplete) changelog:

Code: Select all

v0.7.2
- (hopefully) fixed the disappearing elevator button bug
- every death screen now has a short piece of text in it - some of them are excerpts
from reports describing where and in what condition was your body found, and some 
are quotes from Foundation personnel who are cleaning up the mess left by the
containment breach
- the MTF now react to SCP-173 and attempt to recontain it - still working on 
making them react to the other SCPs
- fixed the bug that occasionally caused some rooms to overlap with each other
- gave SCP-106 a glossier appearance
- removed the unnecessary map.zip-file I'd forgotten in the GFX-folder
- the method for checking whether the player is looking at SCP-096's face is now
more accurate; looking at its feet shouldn't trigger it anymore
- removed the "wobble effect" from 096's panic animation
- updated the lever texture
- added some new sound effects
- little additions to the tesla gate rooms (a warning sign and a light that shows 
when the gate is active)

Yay, already tomorrow! Can't wait.
But I'm interested: was the bug when lights were not in cellar lamps fixed? It's a little thing, but it's annoying sometimes.
From Mother Russia with all my heart.

Evil computers are love.

Regalis wrote:

Code: Select all

v0.7.2
- (hopefully) fixed the disappearing elevator button bug
- every death screen now has a short piece of text in it - some of them are excerpts
from reports describing where and in what condition was your body found, and some 
are quotes from Foundation personnel who are cleaning up the mess left by the
containment breach
- the MTF now react to SCP-173 and attempt to recontain it - still working on 
making them react to the other SCPs
- fixed the bug that occasionally caused some rooms to overlap with each other
- gave SCP-106 a glossier appearance
- removed the unnecessary map.zip-file I'd forgotten in the GFX-folder
- the method for checking whether the player is looking at SCP-096's face is now
more accurate; looking at its feet shouldn't trigger it anymore
- removed the "wobble effect" from 096's panic animation
- updated the lever texture
- added some new sound effects
- little additions to the tesla gate rooms (a warning sign and a light that shows 
when the gate is active)
Sorry for the double post, but I don't have access to a computer right now, and my phone won't let me copy Regalis' post. I just wanted to add some comments about the changelist.

I like the idea of adding a cause of death to the death screen. There are too many times I've seen youtubers yell "HOW DID I DIE?!" when I thought it was obvious. I also think it would be funny to add "173 spawned behind you from nowhere and killed you" since that also happens sometimes :P

About the MTF, I'm curious to see how they contain 173. They obviously can't carry a cage around everywhere, so would they attempt to lure it to its containment chamber?

Request for the next update: I completed the game without ever coming across 096. You should modify the map generation so that 096's room is the only path to the exits.

Sounds like a great update so far. Can't wait to play it tomorrow! Again, sorry for double posting.
My SCP playthrough