Re: Call for a new game engine

Even if this discussion is over, i'd still like to collaborate with my little own opinion on it:

While switching to a more modern game engine has it's benefits and perks, i feel that Regalis would quickly lose motivation on developing this game that took him a few years so far, what's the point of developing your project in a language you can't really understand? It's like drawing with your right hand as a lefty, it's not fun anymore.

I support Reg in any decision he has on this theme (Blitz3D it stays?), the game will never stop being scary to play just because it is on a little-outdated engine.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:Even if this discussion is over, i'd still like to collaborate with my little own opinion on it:

While switching to a more modern game engine has it's benefits and perks, i feel that Regalis would quickly lose motivation on developing this game that took him a few years so far, what's the point of developing your project in a language you can't really understand? It's like drawing with your right hand as a lefty, it's not fun anymore.

I support Reg in any decision he has on this theme (Blitz3D it stays?), the game will never stop being scary to play just because it is on a little-outdated engine.
Agreed. We are a community, under Regalis. While it is definitively his game, as a community it is also our game. We should all support eachother.
The Red Menace

Me giving my personal opinion and appreciation is apparently selfish. Whatever dude. Just keep in mind that I'm not the ignorant asshole who's demanding a better engine. Menace who the fuck do you think you are?
Sometimes i need to know when to stop so i dont get my ass handled

KCF

Soulzarath wrote:Me giving my personal opinion and appreciation is apparently selfish. Whatever dude. Just keep in mind that I'm not the ignorant asshole who's demanding a better engine. Menace who the fuck do you think you are?
I apologize, how I said what I said before was not proper, what I meant to say was that it is common for people to want more, and voicing your opinion is not wrong either, but the people who keep egging and egging at the developers for the new engine even though it was said that they are working on it, is pretty selfish, considering they aren't doing work themselves. I am currently trying to do conversions as well and it is REALLY hard, I got tired of people still pushing and pushing for the new game engine as if people aren't working on it already. And excuse me if I came off as superficial or selfish and ignorant myself, I just wanted to get people to stop complaining and start working towards the goal that we strive for.

I know my demeanor has changed since I first joined the forum, but please understand that I have been put under a lot of stress in previous months, and I know it is not right for me to flame around on here and vent my troubles away and I apologize for that. Regalis isn't the only one with wartime duties. As far as I am concerned he has only been through basic and I could imagine he is swamped with questions now that he is back but, I recently came back from my service in Syria, and as you may know, Putin and Assad are good business partners so we go and support the Syrian government, and it is painful to see how hard these people fight for freedom as they put their lives and the lives of their children at stake. It almost reminds me of the civil war in chechnya, but these people have so much more pain inside from the oppression that faces them. Seeing mothers carrying their dead children who got caught in the cross fire to us is very harrowing, it makes me regret even going back. I think I'm going to take some time from the forum to get my head straight. Please excuse me but I will not be contributing to any projects until I can fight my own battles.
The Red Menace

I feel it is now time to bring this thread to a close.

Regalis has said his input about changing engine, and said that people are free to port it to any engine they want, while he stays and continues at using the current one to update the main game.

If Regalis or Steelpoint thinks this thread should stay open, they can unlock it again.

Thread locked.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.