Re: Dev Topic #4

sumogypsyfish wrote:It's finally working. Turns out hug was right, Firefox hates SCP for some reason. Thanks for the help, guys.
I guess that depends though; I didn't have a problem with Firefox on my part :)
LORD DEATH wrote:What about the MTF models? They disappear when you look to high. And about the storage area, you really should put something of use down there for the player because as of right now there's really no point of going down there.
There is also the issue of the intercoms, I can't hear the guard over the intercoms. I haven't had the time to do a complete play through of the game so I will update you on as much as I can.
Definitely agreed; a keycard and/or a gas mask could be nice (probably an alternative to the closet room?) And by the way why has the closet room gone far back now?? I can't encounter it at all after the new room :(
SCP2014 wrote:I know this isn't a bug topic, but I felt like it's worth pointing out, that you can run past the guard that is backing up from 173, and into the doorway before he gets there and closes the door, then they both disappear, it looks really choppy.
Yes, that's really weird. At least it's easier to get them to lead you to 173 though; you just gotta go at the end of the hallway then approach the guard slowly and be between them. It's a bit harder to pull that off in the older versions. Still though they still don't care if I run away. Perhaps they should shoot me upon immediately doing that? I dunno.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Is it possible that the map generation has been heavily overworked? I found like 10 checkpoint rooms and a lot of circles, making the scp facility a giant labyrinth instead of the linear can't-miss way it was before.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote:Is it possible that the map generation has been heavily overworked? I found like 10 checkpoint rooms and a lot of circles, making the scp facility a giant labyrinth instead of the linear can't-miss way it was before.
That might be a side-effect of some changes Regalis added. It's possible to change the map size now, and the map is forced to have at least one ROOM4 and one ROOM2C in each zone, that way the Electrical room has a higher chance of spawning. The game also tries it's best to add every important room in the map, which is why it might add a room to the wrong zone.

Nothing really serious but there seems to be a little typo in the credits.txt file
Big thank you to everyone who's supported the project during these years, the game would have
never gotten never gotten to where it is now without your help.
EDIT:
I also noticed this:
Spoiler
the stair seems to kinda stop out of nowhere
Last edited by Cridone on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Does anyone here know if it is possible to change the save key binding?
I have this weird problem with my keyboard in which I can't press a function key because it turns my keyboard off. So whenever I want to save I need to exit the game and even then sometimes it won't save.

Quick question, why do the MTF never do anything but shoot at me?

I put 173 in front of them, they shoot me.
096, they shoot me.
106, they shoot me.
Forest Monster? They shoot me.
All of the above at the same time? they still shoot me.

Edit:
Also now in 1.0.1 this happens when I'm leaving 860.
The game proceeds to freeze on that screen.

Regalis wrote:Yeah, that'd probably make them a bit scarier. I think the article doesn't mention them making any other sounds than those imitations, but it doesn't say that they couldn't make sounds of their own either, so I guess it's in the confines of the article.
The combat log sounds pretty vicious:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/initial-contact-log-scp-939
Every time I play that out in my head I see SCP-939 instances faking human voices than screeching and snarling at the agents as they fire bullets.

In-game:

*Click* *Clack* *Click* *Clack*
"What? Who's there"-"Show yourself!".. "Show yourself!!" *939 breathing lightly*

---Player draws aggro----
*chase soundtrack*

*GRARAAAGHHHHHHHHRHRHRNNNNNNN* *939 Snarling/breathing*

EDIT:
Also, 939 seriously needs like a giant containment chamber with a basin full of water/dirt and crap and an observation deck with a window above (Electric fencing in front of the windows aswell).
Spoiler
Bright one:
But looks like these 1.0 bugs got everybodys hands-full, so no need to rush it. Just a concept idea 8)
(Thats why theres no glass or desks in the observation deck; also I don't know if Blitz3d supports water)