Re: Call for a new game engine

I think a new game engine could not only improve the graphics. It could improve the physics, the way the map generator works, an-

In fact, it would improve pretty much everything. A new game engine may require brand new scripting for a lot of the game's scripts, but the outcome would be worth it. It may solve the problem that everyone keeps coming across with the "Memory access violation."
http://bit.ly/12TiXt7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FcDXL5Aw0o

I absolutely agree with an engine change. When I think about SCP-CB, I think of its longetivity and how it will be supported going into the future. I think this is a natural progression for any game that has been worked on as long as this one. As for the question, which game engine should it be? I leave that to the professionals :laugh: . Also, to Regalis, welcome home when you read this. :)

Go for it. The more realistic the game seams the more dramatically it'll emotionally pull you into it.
Sometimes i need to know when to stop so i dont get my ass handled

KCF

Soulzarath wrote:Go for it. The more realistic the game seams the more dramatically it'll emotionally pull you into it.
Again, we need Regalis' permission to do it. So we'll jast have to play the Waiting Game.

To state my position on this matter, I find it extremely unlikely that SCP:CB will see any engine change. Simply put there is no overriding need to change the engine aside from "better graphics".
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:To state my position on this matter, I find it extremely unlikely that SCP:CB will see any engine change. Simply put there is no overriding need to change the engine aside from "better graphics".
..And compatibility with other OS's & most likely less crashing + problems.

Mirocaine wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:To state my position on this matter, I find it extremely unlikely that SCP:CB will see any engine change. Simply put there is no overriding need to change the engine aside from "better graphics".
..And compatibility with other OS's & most likely less crashing + problems.
Compatibility with Mac?

The current engine graphics are fine. Although, I am still good with the current engine. I'm not sure it will calm down with these bugs and MAVs in future, but it's okay to me, they will be fixed by Regalis, if possible.

Yeah I mean the only reason to think of is to get better gra... *Memory Access Violation*