Re: Dev Topic #4

Mirocaine wrote:
The combat log sounds pretty vicious:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/initial-contact-log-scp-939
Every time I play that out in my head I see SCP-939 instances faking human voices than screeching and snarling at the agents as they fire bullets.

In-game:

*Click* *Clack* *Click* *Clack*
"What? Who's there"-"Show yourself!".. "Show yourself!!" *939 breathing lightly*

---Player draws aggro----
*chase soundtrack*

*GRARAAAGHHHHHHHHRHRHRNNNNNNN* *939 Snarling/breathing*

EDIT:
Also, 939 seriously needs like a giant containment chamber with a basin full of water/dirt and crap and an observation deck with a window above (Electric fencing in front of the windows aswell).
Spoiler
Bright one:
But looks like these 1.0 bugs got everybodys hands-full, so no need to rush it. Just a concept idea 8)
(Thats why theres no glass or desks in the observation deck; also I don't know if Blitz3d supports water)
That's a great idea actually. How about, you come across their containment chamber fairly early into the game... however it's wrecked, with signs that violence took place. This would be a good place to add a little something useful, as well as their document. Later on, having already seen what's left of their chamber and what they can do, you are THEN forced to enter that storage area in order to continue (rubble blocking the corridor to the next zone perhaps?). Ima go do some sketches...

Mirocaine wrote:
Regalis wrote:Yeah, that'd probably make them a bit scarier. I think the article doesn't mention them making any other sounds than those imitations, but it doesn't say that they couldn't make sounds of their own either, so I guess it's in the confines of the article.
The combat log sounds pretty vicious:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/initial-contact-log-scp-939
Every time I play that out in my head I see SCP-939 instances faking human voices than screeching and snarling at the agents as they fire bullets.

In-game:

*Click* *Clack* *Click* *Clack*
"What? Who's there"-"Show yourself!".. "Show yourself!!" *939 breathing lightly*

---Player draws aggro----
*chase soundtrack*

*GRARAAAGHHHHHHHHRHRHRNNNNNNN* *939 Snarling/breathing*
Here's a thought, why not make 939's human scream slowly morph into an animalistic, alien sounding roar. To me the idea of SCP-939 breaking out of it's human voice by twisting and distorting it towards something more monstrous sounds very unsettling.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Prune wrote:
Here's a thought, why not make 939's human scream slowly morph into an animalistic, alien sounding roar. To me the idea of SCP-939 breaking out of it's human voice by twisting and distorting it towards something more monstrous sounds very unsettling.
I like this idea, monsters that imitate people are terrifying to me, having them distort them in a dark menacing way is even worse.

Please... can we get a set of earmuffs for D-9341 to wear to protect against SCP-066? I can't stand any more loud classical music.

My ears actually hurt.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

A short SitRep of everything so far in the light containment zone and map creator.
I located a small error where the intro song fails to play and I got an MAV while in 173s containment chamber during the intro sequence. It happened when the dread Ogg. played.
Note: this was version 1.0.3 played without the patch. Also I have question, can version 1.0.3 be played without the patch without expecting errors? And the guard models still disappear when you look up. I also got an MAV while going down to the SCP 939 Storage area. Again without the patch. And why does the game get darker when I go into the hallway containing SCP 1025 and 714? Is scp 079 in the light containment zone intentional?
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill

Glitch wrote:Please... can we get a set of earmuffs for D-9341 to wear to protect against SCP-066? I can't stand any more loud classical music.

My ears actually hurt.
lol

Also, why did nobody tell me that SCP-066 can actually hurt the player? I had to waste my medkit for that.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Another problem. why does the screen still get darker while using the s-nav? And turning on debughud causes a frame rate drop from 45 to 15 Note: I am using an OptiPlex 780 at the math lab to play this game. I did a full "patch included play through of the game and so far these are the only bugs. And is the start room with the gas mask and batteries and 173 doc not being after the intro room intentional?
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill