Re: Needs Blitz3D help! Modding for Dummies! (+Q&A)

Okay, so I jumped a bit ahead, straight into mapping...
But, now, I am going to try and start coding a bit, too.
So I went through all the steps, no errors; until I loaded the .bb file. Blitz3D opens, and just a laggy blank screen. No error messages, nothing. The functions on the side list load, though.
Spoiler
So help, please?

Also, thanks in advance for getting the prefabs, mrpeanut. I would like those very much, indeed.
[SCP-076] "Able"
[SCP-127] "The Living Gun"
[SCP-212] "The Improver"
[SCP-303] "The Doorman"
[SCP-1162] "A Hole in the Wall"

ZarHakkar wrote:Okay, so I jumped a bit ahead, straight into mapping...
So I went through all the steps, no errors; until I loaded the .bb file. Blitz3D opens, and just a laggy blank screen. No error messages, nothing. The functions on the side list load, though.
Spoiler
So help, please?
To code you don't need to use Blitz3D's IDE. You can get IDEal, the IDE Regalis uses. It might work for you.

juanjpro wrote:
ZarHakkar wrote:Okay, so I jumped a bit ahead, straight into mapping...
Spoiler
So help, please?
To code you don't need to use Blitz3D's IDE. You can get IDEal, the IDE Regalis uses. It might work for you.
IDEal is very good, but needs some tweaking; when you're tired, a black backdrop to text doesn't aid visibility :laugh:
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

juanjpro wrote: To code you don't need to use Blitz3D's IDE. You can get IDEal, the IDE Regalis uses. It might work for you.
Downloaded it, same issue... D:

On a brighter note, I made a new room! It will be located in the Quarantine Storage in the Storage Sector, an area I am planning to mod into the game. I just need to tweak the map generator a bit...
(Two images per spoiler!)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
(I'm not sure if SCP-409 should be described as either Self-Replicating or Biohazard?)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Rightmost button opens right door, middle opens left door, left closes granite shutters on windows.
Spoiler
A bit better, a bit more experienced, every time.
[SCP-076] "Able"
[SCP-212] "The Improver"
[SCP-303] "The Doorman"

InnocentSam wrote:This is awkward... I've already made an SCP 409 to put into my upcoming mod...

Oh well, only one mod can be used at a time anyway so no conflicts :D
Heh, great minds think alike, I guess...

Yeah, only one mod at a time, but the real juice is which one gets in the game first.
But why make it a competition? Why not collaborate together to make this a masterpiece?

I liked how well you did SCP-008, but the current means of infection is so... easily avoidable. I have an idea about that, though. Want to hear it?
[SCP-076] "Able"
[SCP-212] "The Improver"
[SCP-303] "The Doorman"

SCP 513 wrote:I get an error saying:

"Type "waypoints" not found"

EDIT: I also get these:

"Mismatched brackets"
"Expecting EndIf"
"EndIf without If"
It means:

Code: Select all

If something = 1 then          ; HERE'S YOUR IF
DoSomething()              ;Your code
EndIf                        ; HERE'S YOUR ENDIF
So you've got an If at the start, but no EndIf at the end, and vice versa (apparently).
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile