Re: Source Compiling and Item/Room Modding Guides

As PewDiePie says "no problemo" :laugh: Whoever saw my "Double Posting" i apoligize i will now strictly go by the rules I'm sorry.
Editing Never Been so easy, and all thanks to Regalis for making clear code, and InnocentSam for clear guide.
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D

You need to load main.bb (for core gameplay changes.) or any other (e.g item.bb if you want to add new item.), then you localize what you want to edit. (e.g in main.bb there is Global BlinkTimer#, EyeIrritation#, EyeStuck#, BlinkEffect# = 1.0, BlinkEffectTimer# if you change the "BlinkEffect# = 1.0" to BlinkEffect# = 0.5 you will blink two times slower.) But behind that you have to have a clear idea of what you want to do, then go to function that you want to modificate e.g Function DrawGUI(), change something and violla your new .exe will now render navigator at the center of view(which i do not recommend because it obscures the view.) AND you have to know just a little about programming, all the "if" "for" "while" functions and take time to uderstand how blitz3d works (But there are some functions like loadimage_strict that have been implemented by Regalis, and commented in the StrictLoads.bb) So basicly you have access to everything that you need to edit the source code which i belive is C++ one of most common programing languages.) Sorry for my enormous number of () but i don't now how to make it more clear to you. But i hope i helped somehow.

EDIT: Of course load to blitz3d and don't forget about f7 click often in that way you will now what you screwd up, and you will have your main.bb (or what file you have modifed) saved so have somewhere stored copy that worked(and if f7 did not give you any errors then save that modified file to the backup folder) I do this and it save my ass quite often.
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D

I am going to make an explanation of why I wants to make that that will seem can be more clear.....
In fact I found this: https://github.com/JesseLudtke/SCP-CB-Multiplayer

And I would be willing to play it that's why I wants to modify it source codes later if he is as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbqaE-3xkI8 it is not necessary to tell it to me given that he would be hopeless.
Here is it is thus for it that I want to modify it source code.

epicgamer123 wrote:In fact I found this: https://github.com/JesseLudtke/SCP-CB-Multiplayer
Just to clarify, this is my repository for the Multiplayer Mod back when only ShadowZ and I were writing it. It has long since been scrapped for obvious reasons, primarily the fact that it used TCP and didn't send packets to a server application. (I tend to write really messy code when I'm not programming for a release, especially so in B3D.) You're obviously free to do whatever you want with the code, just remember that it is in no way close to a finished product, let alone a functional one.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:
epicgamer123 wrote:In fact I found this: https://github.com/JesseLudtke/SCP-CB-Multiplayer
Just to clarify, this is my repository for the Multiplayer Mod back when only ShadowZ and I were writing it. It has long since been scrapped for obvious reasons, primarily the fact that it used TCP and didn't send packets to a server application. (I tend to write really messy code when I'm not programming for a release, especially so in B3D.) You're obviously free to do whatever you want with the code, just remember that it is in no way close to a finished product, let alone a functional one.
Your last name is difficult to pronounce. I do "ludd-key".
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

I have a question. how do ovelays works, beacause i read up on internet that blitz3d don't accept alpha channels on images and doing it on entity is quite logical bypassing. But i don't quite understand them. Can someone explain please. Only this is making that my modding progress has stopped. Thanks in advance. :)