Re: Source Compiling and Item/Room Modding Guides

InnocentSam wrote: Good point actually. How would I word it? All I know is that if it's lower, then it's more likely to spawn.
The second dimension of the array is the index at which the room is generated.
If you notice that Gate A and B have their index as the maximum index - 1 and - 2 respectively. These rooms are the last two rooms to spawn.
This is why it isn't such a good idea to copy another room index assignment because there is a chance that the original room will not spawn.
In your example with 914, there is a small chance that 005's room will overwrite 914's index. This will prevent 914 from spawning entirely.
M-x dingus-mode

Re: Source Compiling and Item/Room Modding Guides

InnocentSam wrote:Anyone want me to update these guides/make a new guide for something else? Anyone who wants to modify the source code would probably be able to figure out the rest based on outdated guides, right?
NPCs are the only things that come to mind. Like items, they're easy to write into the engine but depending on what their implementations are, greatly changes the difficulty of actually incorporating them into the game. I guess thats the one problem I have with game-specific programming guides. Anyone who knows how to program with a decent amount of proficiency is easily capable of figuring stuff like this out by themselves(Except for compilation, B3D is weird), whereas those who don't usually don't have the experience to follow up and expand on things they've added to said game. Especially for this game, given that the engine is essentially a static crumpled up mess that is in desperate need of refactoring. You need to know a fair amount about how the engine runs before you can be confident that what you're adding won't break anything.

Regardless, keep doing what you're doing. Your guides are well written and are informative; besides, you can't go wrong by making this forum more knowledgeable about how to code for this game(At least I hope so...)
M-x dingus-mode