Re: mod the game asister

8ErzurkerBoy wrote:so when i opening the [b.EXE[/b] i cant figure out how do code a texture
You mean how to change the EXE icon right?
  • 1st: You need a program like "Resource Hacker" and open the EXE with it.
  • 2nd: You need your icon converted to an "ICO" file (click here to go to an online ICO-Converter). i'm not sure what exact sizes you have to select, but I select all of them.
  • 3rd: Click right click on the EXE file and you should see at the very top a button called "Open using Resource Hacker". Click on it and Resource Hacker should be opened.
  • 4th: At the very top of the program, click on "Action" and then on "Replace Icon".
  • 5th: Click on "Open file with new icon" and select your icon. Then you click on "Replace".
  • 6th: Go to "File" and then to "Save". Now you should find 2 EXE files (the second is called somethign with "_original" at the end. You can delete this file.
BTW: You have to notice that the icon changes for all icon sizes for this EXE file don't happen immediately (usually the small displaying icon should already appear, but the rest might not appear right now). At some point in time (dunno exactly when), all icon sizes have been changed.
I hope this little tutorial was a bit helpful :)

PXLSHN wrote:
8ErzurkerBoy wrote:so when i opening the [b.EXE[/b] i cant figure out how do code a texture
You mean how to change the EXE icon right?
  • 1st: You need a program like "Resource Hacker" and open the EXE with it.
  • 2nd: You need your icon converted to an "ICO" file (click here to go to an online ICO-Converter). i'm not sure what exact sizes you have to select, but I select all of them.
  • 3rd: Click right click on the EXE file and you should see at the very top a button called "Open using Resource Hacker". Click on it and Resource Hacker should be opened.
  • 4th: At the very top of the program, click on "Action" and then on "Replace Icon".
  • 5th: Click on "Open file with new icon" and select your icon. Then you click on "Replace".
  • 6th: Go to "File" and then to "Save". Now you should find 2 EXE files (the second is called somethign with "_original" at the end. You can delete this file.
BTW: You have to notice that the icon changes for all icon sizes for this EXE file don't happen immediately (usually the small displaying icon should already appear, but the rest might not appear right now). At some point in time (dunno exactly when), all icon sizes have been changed.
I hope this little tutorial was a bit helpful :)
He means, he can't figure out a way to get a custom texture in the game. At least, that's what I got from his post.

SyphenTV wrote: He means, he can't figure out a way to get a custom texture in the game. At least, that's what I got from his post.
Well, that might be too, I also didn't exactly understood his post and for me it sounds like he was trying to figure out how to do a custom EXE icon.