SCP The Shadows[HELP NEEDED]

The world in which we live is not the only one.
There exists another much like our own, complete with a society of men not unlike ours.
However, in this realm, the shadows move and shift as if alive, and an eerie fog extends over all the land, spawning unspeakable horrors.
These terrors have ruined society.
Now reduced to underground facilities, man lives on, desperately searching for a way out of this apocalyptic nightmare. For a way to escape the shadows.

Screenshots (none)

Videos (none yet)

Download (not available)

Banner URL

Banner (old)
Spoiler
Credits
Spoiler
Zackonark: Project lead
kingasgore_dreemurr: Textures & Sounds
I will amend this post as progress is made.
Last edited by Zackonark on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:19 am, edited 11 times in total.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Re: SCP Remastered [HELP NEEDED]

SPOILER ALERT
You have been warned.

Here are a few of my characters. If you have a few ideas of you own, feel free to present them.

Black(No longer to be used)
Spoiler
Sort of a combination of the symbiotes from Spider-Man, the ING from Metroid, and the endermen from Minecraft. They have two common forms: a liquid-like pool and a thin humanoid resembling the endermen as well as Venom. Another, less common form is as a spider-like creature.
They have the ability to absorb any creature they encounter as sustenance. If said creature has a soul; however, it has a chance of being taken to the specific black's "inner sanctuary" where a battle between their souls will take place. The winner will claim the black's physical being, turning into the creature if the creature wins.
Shadows
Spoiler
A tall, thin humanoid that is seemingly made of shadows (actual shadows that is), and possesses a pair of glowing red eyes.
They have the capability of shape-shifting into two-dimensional form, allowing them to sneak up on prey. When they've found their prey, they latch onto it in 2D form, which is seen as a shadow circling the creature/item (also used for resting (hence "/item")) and somehow signal for more shadows in the area to come for a bite. However, if the creature notices it, it will not wait to attack.
They eat as a shadow, as well as sleep, but if one were to shine a light source on one, or if it just doesn't like said person, it can be seen changing into 3D form, which appears as though it's climbing over a ledge. First comes the hands, then the head, followed by the rest of the body, and finally it pounces on its prey, brutally murdering it.
Eilimme (Eye-li-may)
Spoiler
An artificial being sent from the future to the distant past on an unknown mission. It was found then in a massive crater, with large amounts of its body damaged, including it's memory system.
At the time, once it repaired itself, it could transform from it's normally wolf-like shape to a suit of armor with many powerful capabilities. By modern times only her (yes, the AI is female by design) head remained of a great battle, long forgotten as fact, and even as legend. But the AI is still fully operational.
The Fog
Spoiler
Generally, just a bit of background information. This creature is a large cloud of sentient gas capable of forming and spawning monsters. If one were to be lucky enough though, they would see it as a 100 ft long centipede.
The man in the coffin (Wish list item) (listed below)
Spoiler
basically a combination of SCP-895 and SCP-096.
096 could be contained in 895, which is larger on the inside (like a TARDIS). Instead of looking at 096's face, he could be agroed by simply going near him or by someone viewing the images the coffin itself causes monitors to display. When agroed, 096 will precede to pound on the coffin door, screaming all the while, until he breaks it open. The door, of course, suffers no damage.
Maybe a way to escape him could be added in as well. This could be luering him back into the coffin, who's door will automatically shut.
Illusions (listed below)
Spoiler
Creatures capable of morphing into identical copies of nearby monsters, that is in terms of appearance. They cannot copy others' abilities, but they can kill their prey if said prey falls for the trick. For example, if one were to copy SCP-096, anyone who comes near would have to look at it in the face to evade instantaneous death upon leaving the area.
The Unknown (listed below)
Spoiler
A creature similar to the Silence from Doctor Who in that, most times, any who see it, forget it entirely upon looking away. However, a shadow of memory sometimes remains where in most recall seeing a shadow figure while encountering some sort of paranormal event. The Unknown isn't entirely unaggressive either. Some victims reported being lifted and thrown by some force, or waking up on a side walk with blunt force trama in various places on their body.
I have some possible resources as well.
They are here.

A wish list of ideas requiring heavy coding (May not necessarily ever become part of the mod).
Spoiler
-resource pack selector
-Pre 0.7.0 map generation option
-dynamic NPC agression levels for "agressive NPC's" option (described below)
-SCP's 096 & 895 merge
-chance of rain/snow at gates
-chance of night at gates
-elevators as checkpoints between zones, allowing for only certain parts of the map to be loaded at any time.
I will also amend this post as progress is made.
Last edited by Zackonark on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 am, edited 8 times in total.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Zackonark wrote:
I will amend this post as progress is made, that is if any. This is currently just an idea.
So are you good at coding? Because if you're not, you're really not going to like what happens next.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Well, I do have some experience with C#, and can build some small programs with the aid of MS Visual Studio. I'm also learning how to code a game engine in C++. So I have a fair idea of what goes into it.
But I am far from a good programmer as of now simply because I don't have a broad enough knowledge of the syntax of any language. I can learn it quite easily enough, though may not have to since PXLSHN said he'd like to help me.

EDIT
An idea on aggression (Wish list item)
Spoiler
-Hostile NPC's could become progressively more agressive as the player evades them. For instance, 106 could slowly get faster with each encounter, and he could also eventually start dimension hopping instead of just following the player.
That said, I want the NPC's to be suddenly at their most aggressive when it seems they shouldn't be. This could simulate the loss of living foundation personnel inside the facility.
Here's a smoke texture I made.
Spoiler
Other Possible SFX
[youtube]BJu8i04xxlY[/youtube]
Last edited by Zackonark on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Official Website

What if this mod also included combinations of SCP's?

For instance 895 and 096 could be thrown together.
Spoiler
096 could be contained in 895, which is larger on the inside (like a TARDIS). Instead of looking at 096's face, he could be agroed by simply going near him or by someone viewing the images the coffin itself causes monitors to display. When agroed, 096 will precede to pound on the coffin door, screaming all the while, until he breaks it open. The door, of course, suffers no damage.
Maybe a way to escape him could be added in as well. This could be luering him back into the coffin, who's door will automatically shut.
Official Website

This is less of a remastered version of scp and more of a "check out my oc" simulator

It wouldn't even have anything to do with SCP anymore if you replace everything with your own designs, so it's kind of false advertising, except for the fact that you are still technically playing Containment Breach (granted with (planned) tweaks to gameplay but still), which doesn't count for much, and for the most part, kind of makes everything seem kind of pointless, especially since the only drawn design is, to be blunt, a complete Venom rip-off.

I suppose there isn't mush of a reason for you to continue (besides the fact that you pretty much admitted that you can't actually do any of the modding work and are relying on collaborators[that don't exist{and the only thing to bring them in is the rather weak pitch with few actually existent ideas (in a community that is both busy with existing mods... and dead)}]), the only real thing i can say is that the name should probably be changed.

Well, if I were to defend myself from the overall statement, I'd say something stupid like, "The reason why the ideas were so few in number was to spark imagination," or if I were to be rude, "No, You complete, total, and utter idiot. This a such a great idea that your jealous you didn't come up with it." But I totally wouldn't do that.
*laughs nervously*

But in all seriousness.
Awesomeguy147 wrote:especially since the only drawn design is, to be blunt, a complete Venom rip-off.
Yeah, I might like Venom a tad bit too much.
Awesomeguy147 wrote:I suppose there isn't mush of a reason for you to continue

I was just waiting for the activity to pick up. PXLSHN said he'd like to help me since he was already considering some similar ideas for his mod.
Awesomeguy147 wrote:the only real thing i can say is that the name should probably be changed.
Yeah, I kinda just put down the first thing to come to mind.

All in all, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I thought my idea would attract more attention than this, but I guess no one really cares, so...
I guess that's it?

Edit
I just REALLY wanted to see something happen with this, and is the reason I've been so active on this forum. I guess if nothing is to happen with this, I might go back to my dead state.
*ready's pistol*
Official Website

Hm...you took that better than i thought you would, nice.

... also
I suppose there isn't mush of a reason for you to continue
*I suppose there isn't much of a reason for you to NOT continue.

Sorry, it was late at night.

It's still possible for you to pull this off, you should just know what you're doing, instead of just knowing that you want to do something, get what i mean?

If you get together a good idea and you pitch it well, you might be able to get the collaborators you need on board to push it into reality.

All i can really say is that, one, don't let the lack of attention this first time around get to you, a lot of people don't get success the first time around. I had to cancel a project I'm working on twice, and i haven't given up.The second thing i can say is that you should get back to the drawing board and get to work.

No worries, your points were quite valid. I am currently quite armature at coding, which is why I should've posed those ideas requiring heavy amounts of it as more of wish list items, rather than what I'm aiming to be in the mod.
Thanks for the advice!

Edit
First two posts and name changed.

Here's my new AI
Spoiler
JK. LOL
Official Website

Re: SCP The Shadows[HELP NEEDED]

Two more monster ideas.

Illusions
Spoiler
Creatures capable of morphing into identical copies of nearby monsters, that is in terms of appearance. They cannot copy others' abilities, but they can kill their prey if said prey falls for the trick. For example, if one were to copy SCP-096, anyone who comes near would have to look at it in the face to evade instantaneous death upon leaving the area.
The Unknown
Spoiler
A creature similar to the Silence from Doctor Who in that, most times, any who see it, forget it entirely upon looking away. However, a shadow of memory sometimes remains where in most recall seeing a shadow figure while encountering some sort of paranormal event. The Unknown isn't entirely unaggressive either. Some victims reported being lifted and thrown by some force, or waking up on a side walk with blunt force trama in various places on their body.
Official Website