Re: SCP The Shadows[HELP NEEDED]

Actually, yeah.
But before we get into actually building the mod, we need to figure a few things out. For instance, which SCP's will be which characters outlined earlier (something I have left completely untouched), and should some of my characters be added in as their own thing rather than as a replacement for an SCP (personally, I'd like to do this with the shadows)?
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Zackonark wrote:Actually, yeah.
But before we get into actually building the mod, we need to figure a few things out. For instance, which SCP's will be which characters outlined earlier (something I have left completely untouched), and should some of my characters be added in as their own thing rather than as a replacement for an SCP (personally, I'd like to do this with the shadows)?
I think you should have all the original SCPs, but also have the Shadows. As the game progresses, the Shadows would "infect" the originals, turning them into shadow versions of their former selves, like Shadow-173 or Shadow-096. This way there'd be similarity to the original game, but with new tweaks. I've always been good with creative and good ideas, so I can help with those too if you're stuck.

Zackonark wrote:Actually, yeah.
Textures like this for Shadow-SCPs? http://i.imgur.com/qGT2mkI.jpg

I like this idea. That way we can focus most of our creative juices on what one entity can do rather than multiple. It also allows for endless possibilities, like the fact that we could also throw in the Illusions's mimicking ability.

As for the texture, while it's very nicely done, I don't think a purple 173 will fit too well in a horror setting, and a shadow isn't exactly purple in nature, so it wouldn't necessarily fit. Unless, of course, you argue that these aren't exactly shadows in the first place, and that's just their namesake...
Maybe we should instead use black and grey. We could also play with red tattoos/markings, and/or maybe I could add in a slight smoke effect. On the other hand, I would be careful with the markings as I believe they shouldn't look too demonic, but more haunting.
The dark red eyes, though, are a nice touch. Speaking of eyes, we could have different shadows with different color eyes that do different things such as green-eyed shadows could have the mimicking ability where as red-eyed shadows could have the possessive ability.

We should also throw in a special ability for the shadowCP's to further distinguish them from normal SCP's. For example, Shadow 173 could darken onlookers's vision to kind of unnerve them into looking away.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Zackonark wrote:I like this idea. That way we can focus most of our creative juices on what one entity can do rather than multiple. It also allows for endless possibilities, like the fact that we could also throw in the Illusions's mimicking ability.

As for the texture, while it's very nicely done, I don't think a purple 173 will fit too well in a horror setting, and a shadow isn't exactly purple in nature, so it wouldn't necessarily fit. Unless, of course, you argue that these aren't exactly shadows in the first place, and that's just their namesake...
Maybe we should instead use black and grey. We could also play with red tattoos/markings, and/or maybe I could add in a slight smoke effect. On the other hand, I would be careful with the markings as I believe they shouldn't look too demonic, but more haunting.
The dark red eyes, though, are a nice touch. Speaking of eyes, we could have different shadows with different color eyes that do different things such as green-eyed shadows could have the mimicking ability where as red-eyed shadows could have the possessive ability.

We should also throw in a special ability for the shadowCP's to further distinguish them from normal SCP's. For example, Shadow 173 could darken onlookers's vision to kind of unnerve them into looking away.
I do agree that a darker texture would be better fitting. I also agree that the Shadow SCPs should have special abilities. The special for 096 could be that it's whole body is black but it has bright yellow eyes, so it would be hard to not accidentally look at it's face if you were to stumble upon it in a dark hallway.

That would actually fit really well. As for it being an ability, I think your idea is more a psychological play. His ability could be a forced look where he causes the main character to want to look at him, similarly to 895 affected monitors. Additionally, shadow 096 could be looking at the player whenever it uses this ability so that any slip up will result in agroeing it.

I don't think 106 should have a shadow form as he's kind of their equal, or even better, though we can still expand his abilities. So, I would like to include dimension hopping, monster summoning, and clone tactic.
Official Website

Zackonark wrote:That would actually fit really well. As for it being an ability, I think your idea is more a psychological play. His ability could be a forced look where he causes the main character to want to look at him, similarly to 895 affected monitors. Additionally, shadow 096 could be looking at the player whenever it uses this ability so that any slip up will result in agroeing it.

I don't think 106 should have a shadow form as he's kind of their equal, or even better, though we can still expand his abilities. So, I would like to include dimension hopping, monster summoning, and clone tactic.
It would be hard to code, but what if the shadows transported you to a different dimension, but when you returned you spawned back in a different place?

Like a "shadow" of the facility? If that were the case, then all that really need to happen is a simple change in textures and sounds. And it would also allow us a place to put a bunch of other creatures, because let's be honest, I even would get sick of seeing "shadow" splattered everywhere. We could even call it a nightmare realm, or the like.
Official Website