[1.0.6] SCP - Unlockables Mod - v 1.0.4

Unlockables Mod:

Current Version: 1.0.4

This is a mod I currently working on. It simply adds a system where you can get items from a new room you unlocked by playing the game. It's like the Unlockables system from the game Cry of Fear.

This things are new in the mod:
  • Unlockable System
  • 2 new Items (Helping Guide + an easter egg item)
  • 2 new gamemodes (they are easter eggs too)
  • 1 new room (the room there you get every item you unlocked)
How you can get unlockables: You must find out :wink:. Just play the game like how you would do that and you should get some unlockables.

Download Link: http://endshn.weebly.com/scp---unlockables-mod.html
This website is on German, but the download link should be easy to find (it's on the top and called "scp_-_cb_unlockables_mod_v1.0.4.zip").

How to install: Just drag all the folders and files inside a fresh SCP: CB 1.0.6 version and replace all files. Then open SCP - CB Unlockables Mod and you can play!

Planned Features:
  • finished freezer model
  • unlockables gui in pause menu
Pictures:
Unlockables Mod:
Spoiler
Last edited by PXLSHN on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Re: [1.0.6] SCP - Unlockables Mod (Download available)

I have played this mod. I have some Notes:

PROS

1. Nice little side quest for the game.

2. Adds a unique new room.

3. Has it's own menu

4. Hard work was put into it.

5. A freezer weapon

6. Different gamemodes.
-------------------------------------------------------
CONS

How you can get unlockables: If you just beating the game, then you will get an unlockable called "Helping Guide". It shows how to get every unlockable in this mod.
Whats the Point? You can get the helping guide by a room in the Light containment zone, with all the unlockables in there. (Balistic vest, Key card omni, Severed hand...)

2. Shouldn't the helping guide be harder to get? I mean, I would suggest beating Keter mode before getting it. Since there is really no point to distract yourself from the main course of surviving.

3. Why the hell did you make it so you get the guide after beating the game, but there is a room in Light Containment where it has all the unlockables, with the helping guide?

4. The unlockables menu in the main menu has everything unlocked, even though I had just started the game.
NOTES

1. Maybe the Unlockables menu in game? Like when you press escape, instead of "RESUME", "SAVE & QUIT", and "QUIT", you can add "UNLOCKABLES", so we know what we got.

2. Like I said, maybe you get the guide after Keter Mode.

3. The freezer is broken. I know it doesn't work agienst MTF's, but it never worked agienst 106. I did not see anything where it said the freezer doesn't work though.

4. I hope the gamemodes get fixed. I know there is animations for shooting guns for MTF mode. I was looking at Scientist un-used animations, and I saw a grenade animation, a shooting one, a reload one, it was cool.
IMPROVEMENTS

1. Try to fix the broken items, lots of people, including me, like the mod!

2. Fix the Unlockables room, if that makes sense.

3. Sir, this is a good mod. I wish you Good luck.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Re: [1.0.6] SCP - Unlockables Mod (Download available)

SyphenTV wrote:(many feedbacks)
Thank you very much for your feed back! But I have to disagree with something:
1st: If you havn't any unlockable, the room is locked and there aren't any items inside.
2nd: If you didn't unlocked an item, then it doesn't spawn in the room

But I will make it harder to get the Helping Guide. I will not doing that with the Keter Mode (because a item can already be unlocked by beating the game in keter mode).

Oh BTW: I ported the mod from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 before I released the first version of the mod. I think I forgot some things to add... (I will add the missing coding parts as soon as possible).

EDIT: Actually the freezer is working fine. Maybe you need to get closer to 106 (you must hear a freezing sound + see a flash (this means, the freezer has freezed a npc)). And in the menu: If you click at the "Unlockables" button and come to the unlockables menu, at the top there is a text saying "Unlockables" and if you click on a unlockable, there is a text at the top saying "Unlockable-Info". Oh and about the fact that the unlockables are already unlocked: I forgot to lock them. Can you please send me a screenshot of your problems, if there are any (@SyphenTV).

EDIT2: New Update! Go to the top of the page to download it.