[0.9.3] 3D Main Menu

This simple mod changes the Main Menu to display a room of the game. For now, it only displays the starting room, but the final version will change the background as you make progress in the game.
Spoiler
Download
https://www.mediafire.com/?31s3btf71qa3ctb
Open the .zip file, extract all files to your SCP-CB (v0.9.3) directory, and run "SCP - CB v0.9.3 - 3D Main Menu.exe". Source code is included.
Last edited by juanjp600 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [0.9.3] 3D Main Menu

Pretty impressive, maybe the room in the bg could change with the option you select, like when you start a new game it shows the starting room or the class d cells, when you load a saved game it could show a checkpoint room or something from heavy containment zone. Just a thought.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

InnocentSam wrote:Very niiice! Code is very good. Not sure what the army of comments at the bottom of 3D Menu.bb is for :laugh:
Those comments used to be code that made 3D Menu.bb work by itself. It's mostly code I copy-pasted from the game's source code.
InnocentSam wrote:It could be improved by adding a sprite using a multiply blend mode of scanlines like this one:
Spoiler
To achieve an effect like this:
Spoiler
I plan on doing that for some of the rooms, such as the lockroom or SCP-895's chamber, but not every room will have that effect.

Hmm, a very cool example of 3D main menus are of that of Half Life 2 and the episodes. Perhaps you could show personnel walking around every once in a while. You might also want to just show the facility before the breach, that'd suit it more as a menu screen. Maybe once the player returns after playing the game a bit, the lights are off and everyone gone. Also, perhaps you might want to a text outline, like that in the actual menu? Something about the text right now feels flat.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Also, perhaps you might want to a text outline, like that in the actual menu? Something about the text right now feels flat.
I tried that to see what it would look like, it didn't make much of a difference and it was really bad for performance (text is what makes the Options menu lag so much on 1920x1080 resolution)

I can only do that for the title since it's a textured sprite rather than text, but the "NEW GAME","LOAD GAME", etc will remain as they are right now.