Re: SCP - Garry's breach v0.2 +Download

There's tools in the bin folder in GarrysMod that lets you decompile and compile those addon files to view the files inside.

If you want to get things from the Half Life 2/GMOD/CSS games, then you have to use GCFScape and extract what you need to use to import the models, materials, and sounds. If you want models, then you need the .mdl files AND their materials (vtf), if you want sounds, they're all WAV files.

Valve models usually go with .mdl, which you have to unzip via special tools you can get in the internet, Fragmotion won't handle them on their own, as they have multiple files inside and are encoded. Decompressing those files will usually give you multiple versions of the model, along with the animations and other info files the game uses, i forgot in which format, but i was able to open them all in Blender, so after that you should be able to convert the models into any format you need. You need to have the textures too.

Valve textures usually go with .vtf and a .vmf, the first means Valve Texture File and Valve Material File, the texture file is the image itself, and the material file is the one that assigns what sounds go with that material, along with determining categories etc. You can get the textures by using VTFEdit to get the file in TARGA format, which you can then convert into another format with your everyday image software.

That should be everything you need to know to be capable of extracting the needed files for this mod, the rest i have no idea how to do it.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango