Re: SCP:CB - Modding Guide | WIP Topic

InnocentSam wrote:The dimensions of doorways is a noteworthy thing to add to this. I always have to copy-paste a doorway from a pre-existing map to save me some time.
Added! Another thing, seeing the work of fine juanjpro has given me a great idea...

Maybe you could add a items entity in 3Ds World Studio like juanjpro was doing (before he commented it out) so we could make compatible mods...

mrpeanut188 wrote:Maybe you could add a items entity in 3Ds World Studio like juanjpro was doing (before he commented it out) so we could make compatible mods...
I didn't make that. I think it was Regalis, but for some reason he decided to remove it.

I suggest we add a brush entity that doesn't have any collision checking ingame. It could save memory (texture-specific footsteps need separate invisible meshes to work) and make the game work more efficiently.

juanjpro wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote:Maybe you could add a items entity in 3Ds World Studio like juanjpro was doing (before he commented it out) so we could make compatible mods...
I didn't make that. I think it was Regalis, but for some reason he decided to remove it.
Oh, I was looking at the BoH source code and though it was another one you added.

juanjpro wrote:I suggest we add a brush entity that doesn't have any collision checking ingame. It could save memory (texture-specific footsteps need separate invisible meshes to work) and make the game work more efficiently.
Great suggestion!

juanjpro wrote:
It's annoying because in order to enable it, we'd need to go through every "soft" item spawn in the events and check if they're spawned by the map.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Quakk0 wrote:Nice guide! But, ummm.... I can't seem to find the "userlibs" folder in Blitz3d. If it helps, I'm using the demo. (I'm not planning on compiling much.) :wink:
Help would be appreciated! - Assuming it's possible to give in my situation...
The only thing you could possibly need Blitz3D for other than compiling is viewing the source code, which Notepad++ or IDEal will do.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile