Re: [REQ] Pre-version 0.7.0 map generation

What about some variations of the current rooms for the different zones? For example catwalk rooms for LCZ (with adapted textures and some minor layout changes) and tesla gates for every zone (as juan already suggested). It would give a lot more the sense of "which room comes next?" that most players are missing. But it shouldn't be overdone, you should still be able to distinguish in which zone you currently are.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

The problem is just, the map is too linear. Actually, it generates a long chain of hallways with some deadends spreading in all directions. But that was the case since the very first version of the game. I kinda miss that labyrinth feel. The map should generate more corners and cycles and should NOT place the same room in a row three times. I'd also love to see multiple checkpoint rooms!
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

https://www.mediafire.com/?u0kyx0mbha26r21

Made some minor changes to the algorithm to prevent rooms from intersecting. You can also choose between the standard generator (with zones) and the old one.

I also included some bugfixes I was working on:
  • "106victim" will not break if the player tries to stop the scientist from reaching the ground (they're pushed out of the way)
  • Items will not attempt to load textures that were already loaded
  • Made image resizing faster
  • "room106" will place the femur-breaker-NPC properly now
  • Optimized "room2_2" ("fan.b3d" is loaded only once now)
  • NPCs will remove old sounds from memory once they load a new one
  • Fixed a memory leak with retextured NPCs
  • Removed ClearWorld from NullGame, now the game removes assets manually
  • Probably some undocumented changes
Last edited by juanjp600 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

juanjpro wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/?u0kyx0mbha26r21

Made some minor changes to the algorithm to prevent rooms from intersecting. You can also choose between the standard generator (with zones) and the old one.

I also included some bugfixes I was working on:
  • "106victim" will not break if the player tries to stop the scientist from reaching the ground (they're pushed out of the way)
  • Items will not attempt to load textures that were already loaded
  • Made image resizing faster
  • "room106" will place the femur-breaker-NPC properly now
  • Optimized "room2_2" ("fan.b3d" is loaded only one now)
  • NPCs will remove old sounds from memory once they load a new one
  • Fixed a memory leak with retextured NPCs
  • Probably some undocumented changes
Cool, gonna test that out tomorrow.