[REQ] Pre-version 0.7.0 map generation

I found the game better when the map generation was entirely randomized. Back in the versions 0.6.6 and below every new game of SCP seemed to be different from the last; however, with the map generation put into effect in 0.7.0 every game seems to be more or less the same. I may or may not be talkin' gibberish, but that's how I feel.

I request a mod that places an option in the start up screen that allows for pre-version 0.7.0 map generation.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

Re: [REQ] Pre-version 0.7.0 map generation

Princess Luna wrote:I found the game better when the map generation was entirely randomized. Back in the versions 0.6.6 and below every new game of SCP seemed to be different from the last; however, with the map generation put into effect in 0.7.0 every game seems to be more or less the same. I may or may not be talkin' gibberish, but that's how I feel.

I request a mod that places an option in the start up screen that allows for pre-version 0.7.0 map generation.
Uh, do you mean in MOD form,or in the real game? Cause' if you mean In the real game, you need to go to the collaboration section.

SyphenTV wrote:
Princess Luna wrote:I found the game better when the map generation was entirely randomized. Back in the versions 0.6.6 and below every new game of SCP seemed to be different from the last; however, with the map generation put into effect in 0.7.0 every game seems to be more or less the same. I may or may not be talkin' gibberish, but that's how I feel.

Uh, do you mean in MOD form,or in the real game? Cause' if you mean In the real game, you need to go to the collaboration section.
He states it in the end of his post. :|
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

I pretty much like the idea. I sometimes played v0.6.6 when 0.7 was already released but I was missing the new events and SCPs. The only problem I see with this is that since v0.7, every zone has specific wall textures, making the map look very odd if it's completely random unless all rooms would be edited accordingly.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

That is a nice idea and all, but how would that go hand in hand with the gameplay? Since the old times, lots of things have changed.
We have different sectors for one thing. How would you make those "more random" without making 95% of all map-seeds impossible to finish, simply because you have no way of reaching 914 without a keycard which you can't find anywhere because it somewhere ended up in the "Heavy Containment".

For that to work you'd have to revert the gameplay to very old standarts. No Heavy/Light Containment.. no Offices.. nothing. Just one big blob of rooms again. And seriously, if someone makes that a Mod I know what I WILL NOT be trying. Because I know I'll rage due to me running into dead ends left and right.

People, with a suggestion like that, you have to think of the current gameplay. So you'd make it possible by placing a lvl 4-5 keycard at the start again huh? Sorry, but that just downgrades the difficulty even further and driving people insane due to the absolute chaotic placement of rooms, I'm very happy that we have at least SOME WAY of knowing just WHERE THE HECK we currently are. Kind of.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

I don't really understand why you'd put a request in the modding section; if you want something that shouldn't be in the official game done that badly, you can learn how to do it yourself.

I prefer the game being more strict with its map generation, the more random it is, the harder it is to create a good scenario for the player.
M-x dingus-mode

Really this argument can go both ways. There are some people who like the idea of completely random map generation, and there are some people who don't. As far as I can tell, this is split up on the basis that casual players are for the creation of this mod, and the programmers are against. Maybe it's because the programmers understand something that we casual gammers do not? I don't know, but I do know that there really isn't a right and wrong here as it is largely based on preference.

@MonocleBios
Spoiler
I posted this thread because I cannot do this myself. I have no free reign on any computer due to the unfortunate events that happened a few months ago. If you can remember the thread I made Lich001 post in the General Off-Topics, then you should be able to at least guess why I cannot make this mod myself. As this is a bit of a sensitive topic for me, I will not go into further detail.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

Princess Luna wrote:As far as I can tell, this is split up on the basis that casual players are for the creation of this mod, and the programmers are against. Maybe it's because the programmers understand something that we casual gammers do not? I don't know, but I do know that there really isn't a right and wrong here as it is largely based on preference.
I wouldn't call juanpro and myself a very good sample size for people who can program on this forum; especially since I don't actually do anything around here.
@MonocleBios
-snip-
Fair enough.
M-x dingus-mode