Re: Monster party mod (deal with it)

MonocleBios wrote:
Cridone wrote:Though I still think it's a bit overpriced.
I'd say the extremely cheap license is probably worth it.
No way! You can get Unreal Engine 4 license for a month for 19$... Also Blitz3D is very outdated and uses Blitz Basic language... While Unreal Engine 4 uses C++ and you can edit ANY component in C++ if you want to, also those awesome graphix.
Also Unity 5 for 50$ only...

Abincyprus wrote:No way! You can get Unreal Engine 4 license for a month for 19$...
You forgot royalties.
Also Blitz3D is very outdated and uses Blitz Basic language... While Unreal Engine 4 uses C++ and you can edit ANY component in C++ if you want to, also those awesome graphix.
Just because something uses C++ doesn't make it intrinsically better. If anything, it makes the new Unreal Engine less of a viable option for solo devs who aren't very good at C/++ but need more flexibility than what kismet delivers. Dx7 being outdated isn't a good excuse to dismiss an engine entirely, again, for a large portion of indie devs I'd argue it offers enough power to suit most of their needs. As much as I'm not a fan of BASIC, I know that the guy behind B3D isn't dumb, the compiler's written in C++, he only uses a BASIC derivative for the front-end.
M-x dingus-mode

I got B3D for free. I think. the icon says BB, is that blitz basic? if so, fuck. i could repeat that word for the rest of the message until there is no room left, but i cant be bothered.

and just for concern, do you actually get real payment? because i'm dumb and just sit there playing random games or just doodling or making comics.

EDIT: isnt C++ a bot name for team fortress 2?
bleh

Double post, deal with it but I cant be bothered to edit. Luckily codeacadamy gives javascript lessons. so that is a start, but i understand fuck all of it.

its all just like: THEN IT IZ LIK DIS: ENT_CREATE/SHITBAG.CORNFLAKES loading...... DEN IT LODS THEN U MAD GAM U R A GAM MAKIN MASTUR GO WURK WIV NINTENDOW OR SUM SHIT DUR HUR HUR!

that is basically coding language to me. it is like japanese or something.

and 59 pounds!?!?!?! FUCK YOU! I AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINT 'AVIN THAT SHIT!

Rage rave aside, im actually going to step down and try and model, but there is a 99 percent chance i will give up, because im likeley to make a model and coding, and then realise i dont know how to impliment it to SCP. I can imagine the whole mod, like the pumpkin boss animations running smoothly and just everything perfect. But thoughts can never be reality.
this is the most embarrassing post ever. but whatever.
bleh

MonocleBios wrote:
Abincyprus wrote:No way! You can get Unreal Engine 4 license for a month for 19$...
You forgot royalties.
5% royalty is not big at all... And if you want to release your game for free, you don't have to pay Epic anything.
MonocleBios wrote:It makes the new Unreal Engine less of a viable option for solo devs who aren't very good at C/++ but need more flexibility than what kismet delivers. Dx7 being outdated isn't a good excuse to dismiss an engine entirely, again, for a large portion of indie devs I'd argue it offers enough power to suit most of their needs.
Second of all, UE4 was introduced Blueprints (new visual scripting system) that is much more powerful than Kismet. Blue prints compared to Kismet is like, Titan to mouse... They have fully complete example games to download from Epic fully built in Blue print. Now, you have 2 options...
MonocleBios wrote: As much as I'm not a fan of BASIC, I know that the guy behind B3D isn't dumb, the compiler's written in C++, he only uses a BASIC derivative for the front-end.
A guy who knows programming is never dumb, especially if he can write an engine. :laugh:

But I still don't get why would you want to learn a special language (BASIC) and use DX7.
MonocleBios wrote:C++ doesn't make it intrinsically better.
(duh)
Anyways, back to topic... That's my opinion.
SCP-Sean wrote:-
wat. I'm out of here, goodnight.

SCP-Sean wrote:Double post, deal with it but I cant be bothered to edit.
That's exactly the wrong attitude at this community. Please shapen up, it's better for all of us.
Anyways, about the rest of your problem coding is simple.
You use a function, then give it variables.
Ex. function(variable0,variable1,etc.)

All you need to know is the basic syntax besides that and break it down into what you're trying to do.
Also the coding is a nightmare for organization.

MonocleBios wrote:
Abincyprus wrote: Second of all, UE4 was introduced Blueprints (new visual scripting system) that is much more powerful than Kismet.
before the mods get mad.
There's no problem in a debate like this though. Actions are only taken when things spiral out of control or there is some degree of agressiveness or insults.

(calm down a bit scp-sean)

*dont reply to this post and keep going*
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango