Re: [0.9.3] Randomly generated Maintenance Tunnels

juanjpro wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:May want to be checked but both this file and the one here, juan, is blocked by Chrome:
Crap. I'll remove both links for now, and scan the files in case there's actually something wrong with them.
I've already scanned both using AVG and MBAM, there's obviously nothing wrong, but perhaps Google received a report of malware from Mediafire, and it's made it so Chrome views files downloaded from there as Malware. I'd say mirror them, but...

...I have ported this and your brightness slider to BoH (I had some spare time), and it's all ready to go. I just need you to give the go-ahead to release it :) as well as let me know how to insert this special character in latest_version.txt that I always seem to miss despite hex editing it last time :laugh:
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:I've already scanned both using AVG and MBAM, there's obviously nothing wrong, but perhaps Google received a report of malware from Mediafire, and it's made it so Chrome views files downloaded from there as Malware. I'd say mirror them, but...

...I have ported this and your brightness slider to BoH (I had some spare time), and it's all ready to go. I just need you to give the go-ahead to release it :) as well as let me know how to insert this special character in latest_version.txt that I always seem to miss despite hex editing it last time :laugh:
I'll scan the files anyway. And you can update the BoH if you want to, I don't have anything else to add to it, for now. And to add the carriage return character, I erase the linefeed with Notepad++ (make sure you toggle "Show all characters" if you use it) and add the newline with regular Notepad. Then I use Notepad++ again to see if it worked.

juanjpro wrote:And to add the carriage return character, I erase the linefeed with Notepad++ (make sure you toggle "Show all characters" if you use it) and add the newline with regular Notepad. Then I use Notepad++ again to see if it worked.
Okay, here's what I did:
  • Download latest_version.txt
  • Open it in Notepad++
  • I CTRL+H for "\n" in extended mode and replace it with blanks, so that it leaves CR.
  • Save, and then open it in regular notepad.
  • Press enter between "0.6.6" and "0.9.2"
  • Upload to server as latest_version_test.txt
  • Edit update.bb to reflect the change in latest_version_test
Yet upon compile, it still does not recognize a change.
Twitter
Github Profile

juanjpro wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:Every time I upload it, it sheds a byte.
Then on FileZilla:
I'll attempt to use the website's own FTP upload tool.
That explains everything. The FTP client I use doesn't convert Windows-type newlines to Unix-type newlines, but FileZilla does.

Edit: https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Data_Type
I hate Filezilla sometimes. Went through the options and changed data transfer type from "Auto" to "Binary". Fixed it. I would use SmartFTP but there's only a trial version :?

Cheers for the help. This explains why my hex-edited version didn't work either.
Twitter
Github Profile