Re: [GUIDE] How to make a well-made mod

Irontaco wrote:It needs the part where it actually stops the motivational-related talk and then talks about the actual mod-making, maybe.

You should change the title of the thread a tiny itty bit, i might even sticky this.
If one plans to make a mod then one ought already be versed in the technical side of mod-making. I do discuss how to package the mod and release it but as far as coding goes, it's best to research Blitz3D rather than read a tutorial, and this applies to nearly all aspects of making a mod for SCPCB; research > tutorial.
If it's actual guides on modding you want, you can find a few on my mod guide page.
Ikobot wrote:Total conversion - what is mean?
Total conversion is a mod that uses the same engine but changes everything else about the game.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Re: [GUIDE] Tips to making a well-made mod.

Somebody should make an in-depth characterization option, along with some jumping that is actually successful... :) I'm new here but still, I just don't know how to make a thread, or how this website works. And I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time with stupid suggestions and/or questions... But I feel like your the "go-to" person for matters like this.

Sincerely, A noob at SCP:CB
Hnnnnnnnnnnnngh http://gifs.gifbin.com/33yusw44837sw.gif

Re: [GUIDE] Tips to making a well-made mod.

banzaikoowaid wrote:Somebody should make an in-depth characterization option, along with some jumping that is actually successful... :) I'm new here but still, I just don't know how to make a thread, or how this website works. And I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time with stupid suggestions and/or questions... But I feel like your the "go-to" person for matters like this.

Sincerely, A noob at SCP:CB
Well, I'm not really one for changing the core gameplay mechanics. I like to make addons in the literal sense that it doesn't change the game but adds onto it. Plus, jumping means you could just jump over railings everywhere :laugh:
Cridone wrote: I would continue if I could learn Blitz3D.
Cridone wrote:
I would continue if I could learn Blitz3D.
Cridone wrote:
I would continue if I could learn Blitz3D.
But it's sooooo eaaaasy :sad:
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile