Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.7.0 (SCP-0

Niborius wrote:Whenever I equip the Night Vision goggles, the screen just freezes, or starts to lag extremely (1 frame each 5 seconds).
This is probably related to the low-res effect, try refining the goggles in 914 and see if it gets any better.

Does your game lag when you read documents as well? It made a fix for the bug, but if it still happens for you then I may need to remove that effect.

This fix will take a bit longer than expected.

Item: Night vision goggles

Test log #3

CLASSIFIED MATERIAL
Spoiler
Note: Weared the googles the whole time
Spoiler
Note: Weared the googles the whole time
Spoiler
Note: Weared the googles the whole time, debughud was on the whole time.
Interesting.
But for me something like this happened before but not that crazy.
Windows 8 seems to hate this game anyway.

This was version 0.6.6 of the mod, i must test it again but i think it was the game itself:
Spoiler
Last edited by Zarpox on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightscout01 wrote:Please tell me, what's SCP-020 supossed to do?
According to the SCP Foundation, SCP-020 is a fast-spreading fungus that releases spores that (if inhaled) cause it to be invisible to humans. It spreads from host to host by making its hosts more sociable. I'd like to see that in-game though. For now, its just something you can only see if you are wearing night-vision goggles. :roll:
Still, it a really neat addition to the mod, and I hope it gains some more improvement.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Akatos wrote:If you want the night vision goggles to show the scp designations, do you need to send it through SCP-914?
Si.
Kenneth crooker wrote:
nightscout01 wrote:Please tell me, what's SCP-020 supossed to do?
According to the SCP Foundation, SCP-020 is a fast-spreading fungus that releases spores that (if inhaled) cause it to be invisible to humans. It spreads from host to host by making its hosts more sociable. I'd like to see that in-game though.
I came up with a few ideas on how to implement it, but all of them were either tacky or wouldn't work. If you come up with an idea to implement it, let me know.
Zarpox wrote:-snip-
You could try running it in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode? But regardless, it'll be the engine itself causing those graphical issues.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Updated to v0.7.1: http://boxofhorrors.1eko.com/0.7.1.zip - https://www.mediafire.com/?7agb4ch36r85ari

Changes:

Code: Select all

- Fixed some bugs
- Made several changes to the console
	- "noclip", "godmode", "wireframe" and "debughud" are toggleable
	- Added some commands ("help", "showfps")
	- "spawnitem" now accepts tempname as parameter (modders will know what this means)
	- Added "DebugSetting" command ("DebugSetting 0" disables the NVG's low-res effect)
- Converted SCP-020's room to rmesh
Niborius, try using "DebugSetting 0" in the console before you equip the night vision goggles. You won't get the low-res effect, but at least you should be able to use them.
InnocentSam wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:According to the SCP Foundation, SCP-020 is a fast-spreading fungus that releases spores that (if inhaled) cause it to be invisible to humans. It spreads from host to host by making its hosts more sociable. I'd like to see that in-game though.
I came up with a few ideas on how to implement it, but all of them were either tacky or wouldn't work. If you come up with an idea to implement it, let me know.
Maybe the player could feel cold or dehydrated (display a message that says so) once they're exposed.