Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.6.6 (SCP-1

You know what Sam?
You guys should do SCP-055.

It's really simple actually, no model, sound, anything needed.

Because the subject simply cannot recall the object, I think the only thing they would remember is entering the containment chamber and leaving it.

So it would be like a visual portal mirror:
The player looks into the containment chamber and actually all he see's is the door he just came in through, if he walks up and through that door he simply winds up back outside the containment chamber.

Heres a crappy gimp paint dev view of the theory:
Spoiler
Orange dot is the player, looking into the visual portal.

Player looks through the door, gazes into a mirror/portal that essentially reflects the room behind him excluding himself, as if all he remembers is entering the room and leaving it. Walking up to the visual portal puts him 180 degrees back around to where he just came from. A sort of paradox.

Mirocaine wrote: - idea -
I agree on this idea. The simplicity of it is what I admire the most about this, and it's a great way to mess with the player's mind, should they be chased into that room by something. Added to the room should be a thick amount of fog, or decreased visibility. This would simulate the player's limited memory of the room they were supposed to have visited and make it impossible to see the entrance and exit in at the same time. It would be strange and ineffective if the player could see the exit right in front of him when he entered the room, so the "portal wall" needs to be completely hidden until you are right in front of it.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

I agree with that idea, it could also give you some jumscares when e.g. you the player is chased by 106, enters the room, gets turned around without realizing it, and suddenly 106 is in front of them!

Also, there is another way to make such an illusion than putting a mirror at the wall (though it may not be better/easier)

You could do the same thing that happens in the 2 door hallway. You know, that trick event where the screen shakes slightly and the play gets turned around. Just do it without the shaking. And instead of that mirror, there's just a room which can't either be entered nor be seen due to close fog and the trick event.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

TheHoongs wrote:I suggest you remove SCP-005

Is a little bit (too) overpowered.

Reason why it should be removed-

1.I am surprised if you can open a door by putting a key into a password protected door

2.There is no point going into the pocket dimension

3.No point finding SCP-914
It spawns uniquely on each save at 3 different places; one of them requires you to go to the PD in the first place, one of them could potentially kill you without SCP-500, and the other one is it's actual containment room.

And as for SCP-055, it is an interesting idea. I might implement it, I'd have to discuss ways to implement it with Prune.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile