Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.7.6 (SCP-0

Is it just me or did you change the floor tiles a bit in the intro? Or maybe it's just because the lighting's been fixed now (the guards aren't as dark). Oh well. Will test the game again soon.

EDIT: I have a MAV bug to report. Normally I'd ignore MAVs on SCP:CB, period, but this time, it was really hard not to be concerned about it.
Title: MAV upon reloading save file after death

What is it: A frequently appearing MAV which stops a save file from being reloaded (if it was saved near the small test room [LCZ])

When it occurs: Whether it's a new seed or an already-saved file, as long as I save through F5 when I'm near the small test room (mostly on the hallway next to it), it happens most of the time. After saving nearby the small test room (on the hallway) I let myself get killed by 173. After my death I try to reload the game by clicking 'Load Game' but as soon as the progress bar reaches 100% the MAV appears. I've ran it as Admin (pretty sure I always run it as Admin since I'm the only listed user in Windows) but it still pops up. I haven't tested compatibility with Windows XP though (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit) so maybe compatibility would simply solve the problem. I hope so, although I don't think that would be effective.

Anyway the reason I had to post this was that it happened 4 out of 5 times. I don't know why it succeeded from opening again one time, but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary so I really don't know. It always happens there more or less. I didn't have a problem when I saved at the starting point.

(ADDITIONAL NOTE: If it helps I 'installed' 0.7.6 by unzipping it where my old Box of Horrors 0.7.4 was, where I replaced all of the old files. Should that cause a problem? If this can't be replicated at all then I'm sorry for making you guys worry; that means the blame and fault is only on my part :doubt:)

Error messages: Memory access violation

Version of Box of Horrors: 0.7.6

Picture: A picture alone won't show much so I opted to post three videos on YouTube, showing the same thing happen four out of five times. They're all here:

[youtube]4IzQA3xlLMQ[/youtube]

[youtube]QETiwSql-2Y[/youtube]

[youtube]i3T9jCROqJY[/youtube]
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Mirocaine wrote:Mmmkay, I found like FOUR Medkits in both the supply closets in the euclid/safe starting zone. I had so many medkits that I was dropping them to mark where I was before, I was SWIMMING in medkits.

Code: Select all

Case (chance>=35) And (chance>40) ;5% chance for a medkit
oops

Should've been chance<40 instead...
autotroph wrote:-snip-
That's the best bug report ever. I already managed to replicate the bug and I'm fixing it now.

Edit: I think the testroom bug is a vanilla game bug.
The problem is that when you quick-load, the game doesn't restore the glass 173 breaks. You saved before the glass broke, but since it's not restored, the game can't find it and it crashes.

juanjpro wrote:
autotroph wrote:-snip-
That's the best bug report ever. I already managed to replicate the bug and I'm fixing it now.
autotroph, why did you have to join so late? This is beautiful, brought a tear to my eye.

All hyperbole aside, would you mind me using your report as an example in the bug reports sticky, autotroph? It's not perfect, but it's quite a few orders of magnitude better than anything else on that sub-forum.
M-x dingus-mode