Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.7.6

Precipitator wrote:
WillWow_mc wrote:I made that mistake, too. The BoH folder in the mod zip is supposed to be in the SCPCB folder, but don't actually go into that folder and copy all the files in. The BoH files are in a seperate folder now, inside the SCPCB folder. As in: C:\Program Files (x86)\SCP - Containment Breach\BoxOfHorrors\.
You put it in Program Files XD
I think I know what I might have done wrong...
Because the BOH files are already in the SCPCB Original you just take the stuff and put it in raw... No replacing...
Trying that right now
Works Now
No, not about the program files, it is in a seperate folder called BoxOfHorrors. I guess that you don't have a 64 bit PC, AKA you wouldn't have a Program Files (x86) folder. Or else the game will run as 32 bit on a 64 bit machine. Which you don't normally do...
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Re: [1.0.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.7.8

This mod somehow makes the game lag so much, and replaces the door button press sound with a random sound. You know, the one that is also used in the menu. I thought they removed the door button press sound, but somehow the BoH mod still makes the doors make a random sound.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

WillWow_mc wrote:This mod somehow makes the game lag so much, and replaces the door button press sound with a random sound. You know, the one that is also used in the menu. I thought they removed the door button press sound, but somehow the BoH mod still makes the doors make a random sound.
That's weird, because in my case, there isn't that much of a difference in performance between vanilla and BoH in my case, and I haven't encountered that sound issue on my part.

But seriously though, there's a problem I've been having with the Map Editor now:
Title: Map Editor MAVs

What is it: MAVs occuring on the WYSIWYG map editor, along with created maps using said editor

When it occurs: So I open the WYSIWYG Map Editor in the BoH folder, and obviously, I hit upon a MAV since the small icons to indicate rooms in the map editor aren't there, so I decide to move the .exe and source code in the vanilla Map Editor, where it works now, except I always get a MAV upon clicking the two Example Maps listed there. So I delete them to fix the problem and make a new map; I added a bunch of rooms and organized it so no clipping happens. Then I execute the game, load the map in 'New Game', skip the intro, and I end up getting a MAV a few seconds in the game. I am unable to go down the stairs or even teleport because the MAV pops up already. I don't know if this is caused by the new intro room or the sound itself. I'll note though that I only tried making one new map; I haven't done another to confirm this. As far as I know though, the map I made has no clipping and shouldn't cause any problems (albeit many of the SCPs in BoH I didn't decide to put in the map; should it be a requirement or something?)

Error messages: Memory access violations

Version of Box of Horrors: 0.7.8

Picture: I have no picture or video to show that this happens :( If I do this again I'd post a short clip.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

I'm having a bit of an issue. After modding the game, it doesn't actually allow me to open up the .exe with Box of Horrors on it, I get a memory access violation. None of the general fixes for memory access violation have worked.

When I try to open the vanilla .exe, it is in a small windowed mode, but the game doesn't start with resolution options like it normally does, it skips straight to the main menu.

I also tried switching around compatibility modes, with no change. I even tried resorting to the program Fullscreenizer, which only resulted in a black screen for the vanilla .exe.

I have Windows 8 if that makes a difference. I'm stumped. :/

DrPinkies wrote:When I try to open the vanilla .exe, it is in a small windowed mode, but the game doesn't start with resolution options like it normally does, it skips straight to the main menu.

I also tried switching around compatibility modes, with no change. I even tried resorting to the program Fullscreenizer, which only resulted in a black screen for the vanilla .exe.

I have Windows 8 if that makes a difference. I'm stumped. :/
Did you open the BoxOfHorrors folder and copy the files to the vanilla directory? You're supposed to just copy the folder without taking stuff out of it, replacing files is not needed.

To get your launcher back, copy-paste this to your options.ini file in the vanilla directory:

Code: Select all

[options]
width = 1280
height = 720
fullscreen = false
gfx driver = 1
audio driver = 0
brightness = 100
show FPS = 1
framelimit=60
mouse sensitivity = 0.0
invert mouse y = 0