Re: [0.9.1] SCP Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod (with SCP

juanjpro wrote:Updated: https://www.mediafire.com/?nw90a8560g3x4s0

Changes:
- Made SCP-009's death sequence a bit more dramatic (it's also curable if you use SCP-500)
- Added a sound to the blinking light
- Fixed a pathfinding bug at Gate A
- Fixed "room2servers" door that leads to the void
- Positioned "testroom" door correctly
- Made SCP-005 unable to open doors that lead to the void
- Fixed the falling-through-floor bug (I'm not even sure anymore, although I tested it a lot)
- Fixed a bug with the clipboard (putting it through SCP-914 on Rough or Coarse would crash the game)
- Optimized event sounds
- Added SCP-009 as a drink SCP-294 can dispense (it can be improved, but I can't come up with a better death message)
- Added the loading screens created by Skin_
- Put each event into an IDEal block, makes code a bit more manageable
You could possibly add something i just shit out.

like: ''A crystallised Class D was found near 294, the cup in the subject's hand confirms that he drank what seemed to be a liquid of SCP-009.''

That wouldn't fit, but whatever.
"You could possibly add something I just shit out."

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014

Getting hit by vehicles ever since -69

Skin_ wrote:
Agent Ulgrin wrote:
You could possibly add something i just shit out.

like: ''A crystallised Class D was found near 294, the cup in the subject's hand confirms that he drank what seemed to be a liquid of SCP-009.''

That wouldn't fit, but whatever.

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014
I love you so much right now.

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014

Getting hit by vehicles ever since -69

Just got a few random suggestions for improvements that you may or may not wanna hear...

Firstly, I think it would make a lot more sense if the new SCPs' containment chambers could only be connected to corridors and such, since right now they can join onto other containment chambers, which seems quite odd. Other than that the way they work with the map is great.

Concerning 009 -
Perhaps to give the player a little more of an idea of what is going on, messages could appear as you die saying things like "You feel yourself stiffen", accompanied by the cracking sound. Also, I think that the locked doors should be placed so that you HAVE to drop down and be careful to avoid the ice in order to get through the room, thus providing a small challenge.

Concerning 005 -
Simply put, it is ridiculously overpowered. I actually avoid it when playing, because it takes away the challenge and fun of gradually getting better keycards (until you find 914 of course, but that's ok :P ). I'm not suggesting that you remove it, since it is a nice SCP. I just think it should either be very hard to get, OR have it placed near to the end of the game, since it wouldn't be too out of place around the offices. Preferably the latter though.

Concerning 1074 -
I may have suggested this before, but I think applying a paint-like filter to the image to make it 1. more vague and mysterious 2. more like a painting. Somewhat like this ~
Concerning 1123 -
Not much to say here; its almost perfect. Just perhaps have it so that the neat little jumpscare happens sooner, so you may pick the skull up afterwards (if you are foolish enough!). Aaaaand of course have the odd bug fixed and such :)

That's 'all' I have for now, keep up the great work guys. As childlike as it sounds, I kinda feel like I'm your biggest fan right now. :p

Skin_ wrote: Concerning 005 -
Simply put, it is ridiculously overpowered. I actually avoid it when playing, because it takes away the challenge and fun of gradually getting better keycards (until you find 914 of course, but that's ok :P ). I'm not suggesting that you remove it, since it is a nice SCP. I just think it should either be very hard to get, OR have it placed near to the end of the game, since it wouldn't be too out of place around the offices. Preferably the latter though.
I put it in zone 1 which is the offices, isn't it? I wouldn't know, I've only ever actually played SCPCB once.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:
Skin_ wrote: Concerning 005 -
I put it in zone 1 which is the offices, isn't it? I wouldn't know, I've only ever actually played SCPCB once.
It would make more sense to put SCP-005 in Dr.Maynard's office, since he is the traitor responsible for the entire containment breach. It would look cool if there was evidence that he stole valuable equipment to help get his plan done efficiently. Plus, a code is required to enter his office, which is only accessible by entering the pocket dimension. If anyone's requesting a more challenging way to SCP-005, then that would be a good idea to consider.

To make it more obvious that Dr. Maynard stole the key, put a note in place of where the key would be displayed reading something like: "I've just came along to 'borrow' the Skeleton Key, to take care of some important business. I'll return in soon. ~Maynard"
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?