Re: [0.9.1] SCP Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod (with SCP

Prune wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:
Skin_ wrote: Concerning 005 -
Simply put, it is ridiculously overpowered. I actually avoid it when playing, because it takes away the challenge and fun of gradually getting better keycards (until you find 914 of course, but that's ok :P ). I'm not suggesting that you remove it, since it is a nice SCP. I just think it should either be very hard to get, OR have it placed near to the end of the game, since it wouldn't be too out of place around the offices. Preferably the latter though.
I put it in zone 1 which is the offices, isn't it? I wouldn't know, I've only ever actually played SCPCB once.
It would make more sense to put SCP-005 in Dr.Maynard's office, since he is the traitor responsible for the entire containment breach. It would look cool if there was evidence that he stole valuable equipment to help get his plan done efficiently. Plus, a code is required to enter his office, which is only accessible by entering the pocket dimension. If anyone's requesting a more challenging way to SCP-005, then that would be a good idea to consider.

To make it more obvious that Dr. Maynard stole the key, put a note in place of where the key would be displayed reading something like: "I've just came along to 'borrow' the Skeleton Key, to take care of some important business. I'll return in soon. ~Maynard"
Hm, it'd be a bit annoying if that happened every single time. Perhaps a dice-roll to determine if it spawns in it's room or Dr Maynard's?
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Niborius wrote:[youtube]watch?v=zXotOsD6jHA[/youtube]

I made a new video of SCP-009 since you updated it. This one also shows the new SCP-294 drink that you can dispense :) You can change the video in the OP if you like.
Is that supposed to happen?

Because i just died right away while standing in 009. Yes i had it updated etc. Did i do something wrong in the files?
"You could possibly add something I just shit out."

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014

Getting hit by vehicles ever since -69

Niborius wrote:I made a new video of SCP-009 since you updated it. This one also shows the new SCP-294 drink that you can dispense :) You can change the video in the OP if you like.
Thanks again! :D It's still great, but you don't need to stay in 009's room once you "feel a burning pain in your left/right leg". You can walk around the facility and the effects will still progress. The death message will also change if you leave the room. But this new video shows enough :) Also, you might want to fix that link in the description. I don't feel like updating Red Ice separately...
Agent Ulgrin wrote:Is that supposed to happen?

Because i just died right away while standing in 009. Yes i had it updated etc. Did i do something wrong in the files?
Did you try re-downloading and replacing the files? If you already did, try again. This update is pretty recent.

My old 005 screen sucked so I made a better one.
[SCP-005]
image path = 005.jpg
align x = right
align y = top
text1 = SCP-005 resembles an ornate key, displaying the characteristics of a

typical mass produced key used in the 1920s.
text2 = SCP-005 seems to have the unique ability to open any and all forms of

lock, be they mechanical or digital, with relative ease. The origin of this ability

has yet to be determined.
text3 = While SCP-005 has been shown to be effective in removing almost any

form of locking device, further experiments have shown that efforts to disguise

the purpose or identity of a lock have proven at least somewhat successful in

defeating SCP-005's ability.