Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.6.5 (SCP-1

Kenneth crooker wrote:Room idea! There can be this bloody room in the heavy containment zone that can be full of zombies. some of the zombies in the room should looks slightly different, some tall with long fingers, others shorter with large jaws and sharp teeth. The zombies would wake up once the door to the room is opened. This room wouldn' t have much of a purpose, it could be just be a good jumpscare. Perhaps the entrance to the room would say "crematorium/body disposal room". My thought was that SCP-008 zombies would gather in a crematory room to consume corpses before they are burned. Tell me what you think.
They don't store dead bodies. They usually burn them if they're infected or something. And if the room truely didn't have anything except zombies in it, what's the point?
http://gorillagong.com/

I've become a gorilla.

SCP-500 wrote:I don't know if this is the zombie from the medibay or one of the 049 tunnel zombies.

I never entered the medibay but this guy came after me while i was in 096's server room, is this a bug or something?.
Spoiler
Possibly. There is a scenario I can imagine where you walk too close to the wall in the hallway and it triggers it waking up. I'll test it.

To be fair, that's pretty damn funny, because I can imagine reactions when they turn around and see it in their face. I know I'd shit bricks.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

seaal wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:Room idea! There can be this bloody room in the heavy containment zone that can be full of zombies. some of the zombies in the room should looks slightly different, some tall with long fingers, others shorter with large jaws and sharp teeth. The zombies would wake up once the door to the room is opened. This room wouldn' t have much of a purpose, it could be just be a good jumpscare. Perhaps the entrance to the room would say "crematorium/body disposal room". My thought was that SCP-008 zombies would gather in a crematory room to consume corpses before they are burned. Tell me what you think.
They don't store dead bodies. They usually burn them if they're infected or something. And if the room truly didn't have anything except zombies in it, what's the point?
The point is that after that experience, the player would then begin to encounter more zombies that randomly spawn in the heavy containment zone.
Also, the room isn't just filled with zombies, there are body bins, and some half-eaten corpses. and, 5 minutes after the experience, the zombies within the room will despawn, and the player would be able to enter and grab an SCP-500-1 pill on the floor. See where I'm going?
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Kenneth crooker wrote:
seaal wrote:
They don't store dead bodies. They usually burn them if they're infected or something. And if the room truly didn't have anything except zombies in it, what's the point?
The point is that after that experience, the player would then begin to encounter more zombies that randomly spawn in the heavy containment zone.
Also, the room isn't just filled with zombies, there are body bins, and some half-eaten corpses. and, 5 minutes after the experience, the zombies within the room will despawn, and the player would be able to enter and grab an SCP-500-1 pill on the floor. See where I'm going?
I actually like these ideas, though perhaps just for a certain area near 008s chamber. It would take a LOT of work to pull it off though. The whole game could really do with more things like that, especially near the start. NPCs galore!

Skin_ wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:
seaal wrote:
I actually like these ideas, though perhaps just for a certain area near 008s chamber. It would take a LOT of work to pull it off though. The whole game could really do with more things like that, especially near the start. NPCs galore!
Wouldn't that increase the lag?

Skull wrote: Wouldn't that increase the lag?
Not necessarily. The AI is fairly basic, so the model would need a bit of quality lowering and some basic mip-mapping for further zombies, and you could have quite a few. Yes it'd increase lag, but we could lower the impact.

But having too many zombies takes the horror out of a horror game. Makes it "OH SHIT, THERE'S LOADS OF THEM" scary as opposed to "OH SHIT IT'S RIGHT BEHIND ME" scary.

EDIT: Also, have some download statistics if you're interested. Needed to write them up for archive reasons :)
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile