Re: SCP - Future Horror Mod v0.8.2.1

Omniary wrote:Even though this is an older post, I don't see how looking into the games files is a taboo. :U

That's probably one of the first things I do when a new update is released (after playing it of course), I don't really think it's unnatural at all. It's not like you're invading Regalis' personal privacy, it's just the games files, like watching a b-roll for a film. Damn I love watching b-rolls.
I agree. It's like watching the behind-the-scenes of a good movie.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Re: SCP - Future Horror Mod v0.9.1 (Yet Another MINOR Update

This is a pretty cool mod, but I must point out that the custom textures are of fairly poor quality. Although a decent amount of them are skillfully made (like 106's texture), they still have this sort of cartoonish look with jagged edges and a minor pixel appearance. They look as if they were created with MS Paint (is it not?), I would suggest using GIMP GNU Image Manipulation Program 2.8 for making textures (it's a very effective image editor and it's free unlike Photoshop).

If you want... I could try to enhance some of the textures for you instead and send them to you via email.
How to beat Tetris like a boss
Spoiler

So yeah... I did this all in about 2 hours. Not much effort was really necessary, since all I really did was modify pre-existing textures. I did not receive an email address, but I guess I'll post them on the forums. At least others can view these and criticize me freely.

BEFORE
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
AFTER
Spoiler
Now has some extra bullet wounds on its body, blood splatters, and rash marks... Old texture had some jagged edged blood marks and missing eyes (but this won't work as SCP-096s eyes are separate textures).
Spoiler
Hyper-realistic cybernetic eye... Old texture had a cybernetic eye, but was 2 dimensional, cartoonish, and out of place.
Spoiler
No effort was really needed for this since SCP-372 is too small, too corrupted looking, and moves to quickly to be viewed in great detail, but still decided to put in a sensory organ that was more visible, and gave a more slimy face just for the hell of it... Old texture was a simple yellow irregular shape and blended in too easily with the yellow green texture, making it too difficult to actually notice.
Spoiler
Eyes now match your version of SCP-106... Old texture had white eyes, which did not match your SCP-106's red and blue heterochromic eyes.
Spoiler
The hole in SCP-173s head is now more realistic looking. The red dots in the hole now have a sort of bloom effect to simulate a glow. The red paint is spread out and faded. The body is covered in cracks and blood marks. The spray painted SCP Logo now looks sprayed on and hazy... Old texture had a simple black hole with dim red colored opaque dots. Red paint looked far too wet and newly placed. Spray painted logo didn't look like a spray paint job.
Spoiler
Jagged edges fixed, and eyes now have a bloom effect to simulate a glow. I may have blurred a little too much, but I can fix that... Old texture was filled with these jagged edges.
Spoiler
Might I suggest using the title banner portraying SCP-3000 for the loading screen. It looks pretty damn good compared to the previous. I edited your image so that the title was removed, and gave SCP-3000 a more vibrant blue, a stronger haze, and a bloom effect on the eyes.
I think this also looks good. I simply changed the MC texture that you made, and inverted the colors so that it has a black background to fit into the loading screen.
Last edited by xxFalconArasxx on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
How to beat Tetris like a boss
Spoiler

xxFalconArasxx wrote:So yeah... I did this all in about 2 hours. Not much effort was really necessary, since all I really did was modify pre-existing textures. I did not receive an email address, but I guess I'll post them on the forums. At least others can view these and criticize me freely.

BEFORE
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
AFTER
Spoiler
Now has some extra bullet wounds on its body, blood splatters, and rash marks... Old texture had some jagged edged blood marks and missing eyes (but this won't work as SCP-096s eyes are separate textures).
Spoiler
Hyper-realistic cybernetic eye... Old texture had a cybernetic eye, but was 2 dimensional, cartoonish, and out of place.
Spoiler
No effort was really needed for this since SCP-372 is too small, too corrupted looking, and moves to quickly to be viewed in great detail, but still decided to put in a sensory organ that was more visible, and gave a more slimy face just for the hell of it... Old texture was a simple yellow irregular shape and blended in too easily with the yellow green texture, making it too difficult to actually notice.
Spoiler
Eyes now match your version of SCP-106... Old texture had white eyes, which did not match your SCP-106's red and blue heterochromic eyes.
Spoiler
The hole in SCP-173s head is now more realistic looking. The red dots in the hole now have a sort of bloom effect to simulate a glow. The red paint is spread out and faded. The body is covered in cracks and blood marks. The spray painted SCP Logo now looks sprayed on and hazy... Old texture had a simple black hole with dim red colored opaque dots. Red paint looked far too wet and newly placed. Spray painted logo didn't look like a spray paint job.
Spoiler
Jagged edges fixed, and eyes now have a bloom effect to simulate a glow. I may have blurred a little too much, but I can fix that... Old texture was filled with these jagged edges.
Spoiler
Might I suggest using the title banner portraying SCP-3000 for the loading screen. It looks pretty damn good compared to the previous. I edited your image so that the title was removed, and gave SCP-3000 a more vibrant blue, a stronger haze, and a bloom effect on the eyes.
I think this also looks good. I simply changed the MC texture that you made, and inverted the colors so that it has a black background to fit into the loading screen.
Thanks, Bro. You rock.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557