Re: SCP-038

SCP-CIM wrote:WTB?
I know that I didn't complain it correctly, so I decided to show you some of the 035-event code
Spoiler

Code: Select all

If e\EventState = 0 Then
	If EntityDistance(Collider, e\room\Objects[3])<2 Then 
		n.NPCs = CreateNPC(NPCtypeD, EntityX(e\room\Objects[4],True),0.5,EntityZ(e\room\Objects[4],True))

n\texture = "GFX\NPCs\035victim.jpg"
		HideEntity n\obj					
		SetAnimTime n\obj, 501
		n\State = 6

e\EventState=1
	EndIf

ElseIf e\EventState > 0
		If e\room\NPC[0]=Null Then
			For n.NPCs = Each NPCs
				If n\texture = "GFX\NPCs\035victim.jpg" Then
					e\room\NPC[0]=n

temp = AnimTime(e\room\NPC[0]\obj)

FreeEntity e\room\NPC[0]\obj
					e\room\NPC[0]\obj = LoadAnimMesh_Strict("GFX\NPCs\035.b3d")									
					x = 0.5 / MeshWidth(e\room\NPC[0]\obj)
					ScaleEntity e\room\NPC[0]\obj, x,x,x

SetAnimTime e\room\NPC[0]\obj, temp

ShowEntity e\room\NPC[0]\obj

RotateEntity n\Collider, 0, e\room\angle+270, 0, True

Exit
				EndIf
			Next
		EndIf
It first creates a Class-D NPC and deletes it's model. After this a new model will be reloaded (035victim.b3d). What I mean is that it's loading the Class-D NPC and replacing the texture and model. A bug is causing that the original Class-D model will be loaded instead of the 035victim.b3d model.

Re: SCP - Containment is Magic Mod

049 hasn't got it's pony model yet, but I'm pretty sure that SCPCIM has made a placeholder. And the zombies always screw up... I will have to change the model's facing direction. About the standing after they should have died, well, that's from the amount of anims shoved into the SCPCB class-d model, as one single anim, with them all loaded based on the frame number (I hope you understand that!!). So it's hard to create thousands of blank frames in the precise locations of the animation.

I hope my fixed guards were put into the newer updates, with the fixed animations, to save SCPCIM the trouble of fixing them himself.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

You might want to update the first post with simple instructions of how to play the latest build so you don't get bad reports.
What I do:

Delete current folder
Unpack most recent release: (Can be downloaded here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmxsjtfgt7ajx ... 5.zip?dl=0)
Unpack all patches more recent than that date: (Right now, it's just: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm88k3njtodaj ... 9.zip?dl=0 [Check SCP-CIM's google drive for any more recent dates])
When you first play it, turn off bump mapping.

Willow, atleast on my machine, all guards animate fine at the start, but every event after that, including MTFs don't walk.

SCP-CIM, The game still doesn't recognize the textures for the Alicorn Amulate, Bear, PP, or RD if they're in their folders.
testroom still plays a sound from SCP-079, instead of Discord.
Great work responding, not a lot of devs manage to get new iterations out for testing so quickly without picking up a speed habit.

I have an archive of all the mod versions, just coz, in their own separate game folders.
It's not very hat to install it, just drag and drop once you open the files. (I know you know, but I mean even the not so good at computers should be able to do it... no idea, I've always been good with computers so I've never really experienced being unable to do it.)
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Fixes in this patch:
NPCs will now display correctly in new folder layout in the last update.
NEW:
Step sounds changed to the ones from the show.
Lightgun sound fixed (AGAIN)
Note:
[REDACTED]: :079: can kiss my rainbow tailed...

[REDACTED]: Miss [REDACTED] the update link....

[REDACTED]:Ok,Ok keep your saddle on.... Anyway,here it is. (Link corrected to latest version. Sorry about the error in the last post.)
https://gamejolt.com/games/scp-containm ... agic/74051

I'm sure you'll get more feedback now that someone can get the latest version without reading through dozens of pages.
Folder system still doesn't work.
New hoofsteps are nice, but it seems like you go from walking on 2 to 6 hooves when you switch from walking to running.
Event 106 victim in room3_2 (where 106 drops a pony from the ceiling) causes a memory access violation.

1) If you want to fix trouble with Pinkie Pie's texture, you need to extract the files from the GFX/npcs/173 to GFX/npcs. This applies to all folders in the "npcs"
Spoiler
2) btw, why have you deleted an old "The Dread.ogg"? That was in the old 0.3BB. I think that was better and more original. 3) p. s. It seems that the new walk-sounds a bit wrong while running.

Nice mod and nice progress.