Re: SCP - Containment is Magic Mod

Ok, no, let's make the storyline clear. We need too. We can't keep saying that the P4-F this, LTF-173/106 that, and :REDACTED: happened, which caused this, etc. etc.

We need to come up with a concise storyline. We need to come up with something clear. Even if that means rebooting the whole damn story, we need to do something about it. It's crap that we say "The P4-F Council is the Mane Six", yet we have members of the Mane Six as actual LTF's in the game. So, scrap that part of the story. And scrap the P4 council itself. This game was made before Twilight became an Alicorn. The game should be treated as such. The P4 Council should technically be considered the P3 Council, and as previously stated, the P4-F Council completely trashed.

Let's go over the hard fact's that we've had since the start; LTF-173 is Pinkie Pie, and LTF-106 is Rainbow Dash. The VA of the intercom even states "Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash have broken containment." SCP:CIM, I love the additions you've made to the mod, but come on, we need a story that actually makes sense. I know, I know, generally SCP lore says "Such and such was discovered at :REDACTED:", but that stuff doesn't concern the actual story of the game. We have so many conflicting story points, it's hard to tell what's canon or not. I know you've poured your heart on some of the storyline's, but most of that isn't even used in-game.

I'm sincerely sorry if you take offense to any part of this message, but we need to fix the storyline.
Here's my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/?urp=http://ww ... zAzS3JiVnc

Well, it should be, anyway.

You guys might get more feedback and bugtesting if there were simple instructions on how to play the latest version, and a corresponding page on the wiki to submit and organize bugs, story inconsistencies, etc.
I'm not even sure which base to start with, let alone which and in what order the patches need to applied to that.

Hmm. Seems like a little bit of debate over the story... I think we could remove the P4-2 council. Or better, say about the mane six and how they were in P4-2 council and one by one it all fell apart. Twilight in 914, RD merging with her element, Rarity going crazy, Fluttershy being physiologically scarred, etc.. 'The fall of P4-2' or something in a document, maybe? Something to make it work with everyone, without chucking anyone's ideas out.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

WillWow_mc wrote:Twilight in 914, RD merging with her element, Rarity going crazy, Fluttershy being physiologically scarred, etc..
I see you are taking the previous mod's story, which was ultimately scrapped because it had too many issues. Honestly, it's not looking any better.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Not exactly, I'm saying there was the P4-2 council and then they all had the things happen, rather than it all happening without the SCPCIM wiki stuff happening before.

Well, you guys didn't have rarity or applejack at all, soooo... not exactly the same, but who cares, right?

Anyway, Glitch, it's fine. We will find out a 'way' to make the story work. I really couldn't care less about the story, just the mod itself.
Spoiler
That is why I don't like those little pieces of 'fanon' made about the MLP characters which are incorporated into the events of the FiM series, because I think of any stuff to do with it to be separate to the show's universe.
Oh and about all seeing bugs and stuff, if it is something about the guard anims or Fluttershy being stuck or something like that, check my videos to see if I fixed them already. If they are fixed in the videos but not in the downloadable mod, SCPCIM will have to add the things to the mod from my patches on the google drive. We just need to know what is right and what isn't.
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Alright. Give me a few days. I'll try and think up a new storyline (or maybe a few) and upload all idea's to my Google Drive in one Word document. I'll try to get some assistance from a few other bronies I speak too as well, see if they can come up with something. If you don't like 'em, whatever, but they'll be there. But, I digress. WillWow, what you said is correct; we don't necessarily need a story line tying into the FiM universe. IMO, it just makes the storyline more immersive if you have a backstory explaining stuff. But, if this comes too much of a problem, I guess we could just worry about the story once the mod is fully finished and just tweak around documents as we see fit.

Alchoholicorn, you make a good point. The only downside is the Wikia is kinda messy, and really only three people use it (to my knowledge), myself included. Also, adding on to your point, I think it'd be a swell idea to just re-upload versions of the mod with the patches already added. I tried to guide my friend through installing the patches, but he got lost. It'd be faster and more effecient to put the patches in the game folder, then re-upload them to your Drive so that way people downloading the mod don't have to do it themselves. It's more of a courtesy thing than anything.

I think it's rather funny how this all started because of the suggestion of LTF-173 having flat hair...blah...

I had uploaded in a full game version fully patched to start with but it just took so long to upload it (Australian Internet), and I just put up the patches. The issue with how we are working on the mod right now is that I put stuff up but it doesn't get into the mod for some reason. I'm sure that is because the way we are working on the mod is a casual one, in which we upload to the folders but all the files aren't put in, somehow. Whenever I put files up in my patch folder they are edited for the mod, and aren't ever original SCPCB ones.

Also, I could upload a full version of the mod on the downloads folder under LTFCB, to show it has all the patches from my videos, and other SCPCIM patches too, to ensure it matches the videos. And there will be the newer SCPCIM patches on their own to be installed to an SCPCB install, as possibly unstable beta updates, as you could call it.

And about the story again: all of the wiki stuff BUT instead of being 'Pinkamena Skull' it will be the Pinkie Pie of P4-F BUT gone wrong like the original mod had. We aren't just using the old mod story, we are cutting a bit out of it and sticking it onto the end of the SCPCIM wiki's story. So we can feature on the documents that they were in P4-F BUT as write on the docs whatever happened to the LTF to have caused their current state.

I guess Sparta_Creeper that you could write something like that, or whatever it is you think. Who knows? I'm not the best at developing canon, so I'll leave it up to you guys.

But still, the story isn't so important at the moment, like with SCPCB, as you know that it's story isn't very... diverse. A bunch of baddies to avoid, and some dim lights, add some interesting gameplay mechanics and then you have SCPCB. Not too much of a story, so as to not distract from the gameplay experience.

RE:Story

WillWow_mc wrote:I had uploaded in a full game version fully patched to start with but it just took so long to upload it (Australian Internet), and I just put up the patches. The issue with how we are working on the mod right now is that I put stuff up but it doesn't get into the mod for some reason. I'm sure that is because the way we are working on the mod is a casual one, in which we upload to the folders but all the files aren't put in, somehow. Whenever I put files up in my patch folder they are edited for the mod, and aren't ever original SCPCB ones.

Also, I could upload a full version of the mod on the downloads folder under LTFCB, to show it has all the patches from my videos, and other SCP-CIM patches too, to ensure it matches the videos. And there will be the newer SCP-CIM patches on their own to be installed to an SCPCB install, as possibly unstable beta updates, as you could call it.

And about the story again: all of the wiki stuff BUT instead of being 'Pinkamena Skull' it will be the Pinkie Pie of P4-F BUT gone wrong like the original mod had. We aren't just using the old mod story, we are cutting a bit out of it and sticking it onto the end of the SCPCIM wiki's story. So we can feature on the documents that they were in P4-F BUT as write on the docs whatever happened to the LTF to have caused their current state.

I guess Sparta_Creeper that you could write something like that, or whatever it is you think. Who knows? I'm not the best at developing canon, so I'll leave it up to you guys.

But still, the story isn't so important at the moment, like with SCPCB, as you know that it's story isn't very... diverse. A bunch of baddies to avoid, and some dim lights, add some interesting gameplay mechanics and then you have SCPCB. Not too much of a story, so as to not distract from the gameplay experience.
I agree with you completely Willwow_Mc.

RE: LTF-513-1 Model aka :REDACTED:

I found it in the game files.

RE: Update V1.0.05
I hope to upload it in the next few days or this weekend..

RE: Game Updates

My internet time is extremely limited and I do try to keep up to date with Willwow_mc's patches and adding them to my own.
So does everypony think it's best I abandon the incremental patches and upload an complete game package after EVERY minor update??? A waist of limited :REDACTED: drive space In my opinion.
https://gamejolt.com/games/scp-containm ... agic/74051

Re: RE:Story

Well, with points like that, WillWow...I'll try to write the story (stories) based on your idea's, so they'll also include SCP-CIM's story. Time isn't much of a matter to me; I'm not really working on anything else, so mind as well do something. I'll inform everyone when it's done, but don't expect it for a while. Writing canon takes awhile :P

@SCP-CIM: No, you're right. That is a waste of time. In the very least, we should have some sort of walkthrough or guide explaining how to add patches. While that stuff is relatively easy to all of us here, there are people out there who don't know what to do. Like I said, I tried to talk my friend through it over Xbox Live, and it took us over three hours...and he still couldn't get any of the patches to work. Perhaps add a notepad in the game folder next update either linking to a video or explaining in text how to add patches to the game? It isn't neccesary, no, but it'll just make the mod easier to play.